Is rear side window identical on 1990 Burb and 1980s dual/bonus cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mibars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Like in topic title. I have one layer of my rear passenger side window cracked and someone's parting out an 86' C30 which is super rare in Poland, so... Why not if it fits?

Any differences in shape, mounts, thickness, whatever? Lack of oven tint is not an issue. Or actually it is because dark brown window tint is no longer a thing, but wrong tint is better than having a cracked side glass!

Attachments

• obraz_2023-08-28_192543061.png
    obraz_2023-08-28_192543061.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 34

mibars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I looked at pictures and I can't tell a difference. I see that people sell rear door side glass as fitting both Suburban and pickups, so I guess the shape is identical.

Which year did the glass thickness changed? My glass seems to be a laminated type, otherwise it would just shatter to tiny crumbs and not have one layer cracked.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
I think they are the same. but the gasket changed at some point to cut wind noise. so if you have the later gasket you can just reuse it.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
The 73-80 glass is thicker than the 81-87(91) along with the change in the vent windows during the same eras. The rear stationary glass has me questioning. I'd definitely snag the one from the parts truck anyway; I'm certain that it could be used even if there were small differences.

Strickland

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I looked at pictures and I can't tell a difference. I see that people sell rear door side glass as fitting both Suburban and pickups, so I guess the shape is identical.

Which year did the glass thickness changed? My glass seems to be a laminated type, otherwise it would just shatter to tiny crumbs and not have one layer cracked.
The doors do interchange,but as noted there are some differences between the years. Since the crew cab is the later style like your Burb, shouldn't be too different.
My OBS crew cab long bed is enormous; I can't even imagine driving it or a square body crew cab in Europe.....so many of y'all's roads and towns were designed for horse and wagons.....

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
the sub doors and winda's will fit the crewcab. the only diff is the earlier trucks have, besides a different style door panel, is the door linkage to open the door is slightly different.
i'm running '77 rear sub doors on my '85 crew. i did have to re-bend the door rods for the handle slightly so i could use my later door panels. some trucks also use a secondary weatherstrip above the door, as on top of the all around the door weatherstripping.
the little non-opening winda is also the same. if that's what your needing i have a spare one with the gasket.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Looks like I'm late to the party, but yeah the glass is the same shape and fits. Like was mentioned, 70's glass is a little thicker, but with the proper seals the glass can be swapped around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theshawnR