Turn Signal Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

projectmidnight74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
V8
1974 c 10.
LED Swap on all the way around.
Here is my issue. Right Turn signal has an issue in the column. When I activate it, it doesn't work, only when I kinda shimmy it, will it then work. But my rear lights don't blink the fronts and side markers do on the right. On the left. Everything works except the bottom parking light when the turn signal is activated. I tried the United Pacific LED blinker package. Same difference. Is this column shifter the source of the 4 hazards blinking and the indifference in the left turn signal working all the way. When hazards are on everything blinks but front parking on driver side and rear passenger.

Rhinos74

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
My son just had the same thing on his 74 with the full LED swap. He bought a reverse polarity plug for the relay and it fixed it right up. You can use jumper wires to see if it works before buying the plug.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
First, check for power in the sockets for inop lights. These old trucks do not play well with LED. Might be a power supply problem or a clean enough connection to power up a computer circuit ie LED. Circuit for LED will only work in one direction.

Sounds like the signal switch in column is also suspect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay