Is it possible? maybe new crossmember swap..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
I've been thinking about my project truck. Haven't had any progress on it in awhile, just trying to get everything sorted out. Plans changing etc,etc. I'M going to do an engine and trans swap also want to upgrade the suspension, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. Then I realized, I can't find it, because it hasn't been done yet. Well, not that I have been able to find.

But now that I've said that someone with better search powers than I, will post it and say there it is, first on list or something similar. Anyway,

Why not just swap out the front cross member from say 01-06 1500 Silverado, rear suspension too? Just a thought, would it work? Could it? I dunno, hence why I am asking the experts, you.

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Not quite what I meant. Sorry I wasn't clear. I mean like this K-member swap on a 4th gen fbody. The entire front end basically..

Attachments

• 100_0871.jpg
    100_0871.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_0868.jpg
    100_0868.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 125

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Be a little more specific. When I read your post, I had no idea what you were talking about. What truck do you have? What engine and transmission are you going to put in the truck? What are you trying to achieve with suspension modifications? I see the pictures you posted, but there is no description about what you have and what you want the end result to be. I feel confident that somebody on this forum can point you in the right direction, but we need more background information first.

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Hmmm, OK. Ya got me there, just meant in general. But to be specific.

Project #1. 80 Silverado, probably going w an ls1.

Project#2. 72 Cheyenne, LS2, LS3.
Both will be auto, both are 1/2 ton. One for daily driver, one for Play toy. As far as suspension, just looking for a more modern, ride and handling, ease of replacing, etc. Hub assy, instead of packing bearings, etc..

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Seems like an aweful lot of work to do on a vehicle with an existing well designed suspension. Packing bearings is not even a once every couple years thing.

Trixxterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Georgeb, your probably right. I just figured since I was going to be upgrading one part of the front end steering, I may as well see if it were doable. I know from my current 72, that the original pitman arm, drag link,, design,etc, are not up to the job for my truck as low as it sits. Although it could just be my truck, it wasn't lowered "properly" since it was done back in 82-83. Back then lowered trucks didn't have the market they do now. Hell then, there was no market..

I honestly don't know where I'll end up with either truck. I have decided to put the 80 Silverado on the back burner for now. Really want to get the Cheyenne back on the road..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31