Intro #2!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
Goodness. Well, I've been at school about 5-1/2 hours away from the truck, so I haven't been able to do anything. However, I am trying to sell some of the parts off of it. I've got other stuff going in/on the truck :)

Here's the link to the ad. PM me or call/email if you guys want/need anything. Unless you're close by it would be the Part Price + Shipping. I may even discount some of the parts a little, JUST for the forum ;) Be sure you PM me though.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pts/3563910289.html

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
I used to drive a K30 wrecker in that colour combo.

Oh man! It's been a while since I've been here. Well, I've got some updates for you guys. Sorry it's been so long. I had a crazy term at school and wasn't able to do anything until I came home for spring break!

I think I'm going to keep the original paint scheme when I repaint it. I'm just going to make all of the colors a little darker and paint on the trim stripe instead of putting the trim back on. After all '77 was the only year of that goldish yellow trim, if I'm correct.

Any way, I finally got around to getting some work done. I got some cheap headers (for now) off craigslist... They're probably a summit special or something of the sort. I also picked up a new set of fuel tanks (new to me) because the left tank had a hole shot through. I got the tanks (with straps and locking gas caps) and the headers from the same guy for $100. The headers are cleaned up and ready for some paint. I just need some decently warm weather.

When I pulled the left tank, I knocked out the biggest dent that the truck had. It's on the drivers side, right at the front of the bed if you look in the pictures. I smacked the edges of it with a rubber mallet and then gave the middle of it one good one and the whole deal came right out!

I bought some cab bushings for the truck, but I was sent the 2wd bushings instead of the 4wd. So I'll need to get the correct ones in there. There's a pic here though of how smashed down they are. No wonder the cab can't sit level!

I've been working on pulling some trim, pulled the mirrors, hood ornament, etc. All of it is for sale if you guys want anything. I can't do anything too heavy right now because I just got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled and I don't want to pop a stitch. (There's no way I'm going back in there!) haha.

So any way, here's some pics. It's nice to be getting something done on 'er!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 115
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 78
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 81

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome Back.

Bucket might be interested in some of the trim depending on what pieces you have. I think he was looking for some 77 yellow trim.

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Welcome to the site

Latest posts

Forum statistics