Im stumpped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Right now my main concern is getting a job to save for it so might be 1 year but who knowsknows

Yep. Know what you mean. Once you get behind the 8 ball or in a hole, when you do finally get income coming in, you spend the first 3-6 months digging out of the hole you got into.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well thanks to H&R block filling my form 8863 out wrong I now get to wait 4-6 weeks longer for my taxes

the people there do not know anymore about filing taxes than the average person. I do not understand why people go there!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
the people there do not know anymore about filing taxes than the average person. I do not understand why people go there!

Because of the millions they spend on advertising. H&R Block is a household known company. I hear Jackson Hewitt does a better job.

Paulscrawler78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
5.7L
Well after this tax year I'm not going back to them and am thinking of taking the classes so j can file my taxes and my family's because of the whole crap that happened this year........and ya its gonna take me almost 2 years to dig out of this little whole I'm in and another 3 years just to pay off my damn Ca dl

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well after this tax year I'm not going back to them and am thinking of taking the classes so j can file my taxes and my family's because of the whole crap that happened this year........and ya its gonna take me almost 2 years to dig out of this little whole I'm in and another 3 years just to pay off my damn Ca dl

I've always been able to do my own research and do my own taxes. I've even been self employed and had rental properties and did my own taxes. I used to use Turbo Tax. Then my mother pointed out that Tax Cut was better, which is backed by H&R Block. I mostly get the software to have all the forms, do the taxes according to their interview process through the software, then go to irs.gov to get all the necessary publications for detailed reading on the subjects at hand. It can get complicated, but I know I've saved hundreds in having taxes done, and I know for a fact I was able to take deductions that H&R wouldn't have given me.

Yahoo has a good Tax Center, which is just a layout to places to get DIY help. Here is where I'd go alot to get all the IRS junk. Forms and Publications.
http://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs

The Publications is what breaks the laws down into English so you can understand them. But most people don't have complicated taxes of self employed or rental property, so the average person or family can usually do their own with either Turbo Tax or Tax Cut software.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
When are we going to do something about this thread? It's 41 pages long now, and gone from an engine not starting to transmission issues, to donor trucks, to selling trucks, to H&R Block sucks, to buying a new truck and now problems with the new truck. :shrug: Cetainly not about Engine and Performance and hasn't been many many pages ago.

Maybe cut it off where you brought where you brought the 92 Blazer home, and start a Under Construction or actually, Other Vehicles build thread huh??? Let me know if that works and I'll cut this up some and start a new thread with some scraps, then we can carry on.

Paulscrawler78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
5.7L
Sounds like a plan I'll get pics today and put it under construction

Forum statistics