Hot Car, AC and Cancer ??? For Real ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just thought I'd pass this on for thought. Not sure if it's true or not. :shrug:

CAR AIR CONDITIONING - VERY IMPORTANT!
My car book says to roll down the windows to let out all the hot air before turning on A/C.
WHY ?
Car Air Conditioning: No wonder more folks are dying from cancer than ever before. We wonder where this stuff comes from but here is an example that explains a lot of the cancer causing incidents.

Many people are in their cars first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, 7 days a week.

As I read this, it makes me feel guilty and ill. Please pass this on to as many people as possible. Guess it's not too late to make some changes.

Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.
Open the windows after you enter your car and then turn ON the AC after a couple of minutes.
Here's why: According to research, the car dashboard, seats, air freshener emit Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin (carcinogen - take time to observe the smell of heated plastic in your car).

In addition to causing cancer, Benzene poisons your bones, causes anemia and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer. Can also cause miscarriage.
Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft. A car parked indoors with windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene.
If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level.People who get into the car, keeping windows closed will inevitably inhale, in quick succession, excessive amounts of the toxin.

Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver. What's worse, it is extremely difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.

So friends, please open the windows and door of your car - give time for interior to air out -dispel the deadly stuff - before you enter.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Holy ****!

Now I am glad I always leave my windows cracked open 1-2". With the vent visors they don't look open. That is nuts.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I find this pretty hard to believe. If it were true, surely car manufacturers (especially for later model cars) would find something different to these interior parts out of in order to reduce whatever risks there might be for something like this. This seems very far fetched IMO.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Pretty much what I thought! :waytogo:

Close thread and delete :handshake:

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Benzene exposure aside - it is good practice to open the windows and run the fan on full for a minute or two before starting the A/C.

It just blows all the really hot air out. So, when you do start the air conditioning, the inlet air at the evaporator coil is only at ambient (outside) temp - and not what was in the cabin with the windows rolled up.

You'll cool down a lot faster.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I always do anyway, for that exact reason. So I'm no recirculating that hot hot air. I'll leave the window or windows down for a minute or two, not only to cool it down faster, but do even draw some fresh air through the vent system instead of the stale air in the vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86 Square Body