Hid headlight wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi,
So recently bought some sealed beam conversions from hidkitpros.com, with the bi xenon harness

So my question is: where should i wire what would normally go to the stock headlight connectors? I have an isolation module, so that changes all the colors around, but the hid kit has a 3 prong connector with brown, white, and blue wires... Where should these be getting power from?

Thanks!

kdo58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
the good kits are plug and play. the cheap ones just plug into the harnes, the ddm tuning use a relay and get wired to the battery. which works the best.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
This one has wiring for power from the battery, ground for each ballast, but then i need switched power to turn on the relay or as this kit calls it, the control module
So normally it would plug into where the old headlight connectors which went right on the headlight pins but this truck has a 1990 grill (quad headlight) on it, so it has different wiring... Also due to having the isolation module for the plow. So, what 3 wires (new hid harness has white, blue, and brown) would this attach to? Im assuming out fo the headlight switch, which colors are those that would turn the relay on and off?
And, i believe these wires may also have something to do with being bi xenon... Where the bulb is both high and low beam. And maybe this is supposed to connect where they split so it can switch it?

Thanks!

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
The wiring harness is the "controller" that takes the power from the battery and supplies it through the ballasts to the bulbs. It also gives power to the solenoid in the bulbs that functions as the "high and low beams."

You must be registered for see images attach

Essentially, you plug the controller into your H4 plug and make sure it has the low and high beam wires coming from your headlight switch. Pull power from the battery or any +12v location (battery is best though) and then plug in the ballasts and bulbs. Ground the ballasts and you should be golden.

Remember "bi-xenon" refers to a high/low function in a single HID bulb. Meaning that unless you purchased two kits (or one designed for separate high & lows, which it doesn't quite sound like it from your description), then you'll have either two sets of high beams (one pair HID, the other are stock halogens) or two sets of lows (one pair HID, other set are halogen).

Hope that helps.

gosciminski83

Reaction score
First Name
BRANDON
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
4 light diagram

Do you by chance have the wiring diagram if sticking with the 4 headlights?

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over

Forum statistics

Threads