hi from San Diego

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sw85

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
350ci gasoline V8
Just joined and wanted to say hi. I'm a contractor from San Diego and I have a 1991 Suburban v2500, last year of the square body and straight axle. Bought it from my father-in-law three years ago, who had it since the mid 90's after the govt. sold it. Still has US government tags, used to be forest service green and even has an expired governemt credit card in the glove box! Still a daily driver for my wife but only a short distance every day, occasionally I borrow it for work but my 2008 Silverado is my main work truck, especially since the Subruban gets 8mpg! I plan on doing a diesel conversion sometime in the next couple years and use it more for work and take it offroading and on trips, right now it's reliable only for short trips, leaks every fluid, and coughs enough crap out the tailpipe to choke a horse, but we love it nonetheless!

sw85

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
350ci gasoline V8
Not pictures at the moment. It's 100% stock minus a CD player instead of the casette, trailer brakes, and a set of BFG baja all terrains. I think the spare is even original. It did have government spotlights on each front pillar at one point and a rear heater core but I think the forest service kept them.

Aside from the diesel conversion I'm planning on refurbishing the axles, suspension, brakes and steering because they're all tired and need help, but except for a good set of Bilsteins it'll all probably end up stock. I don't plan on lifting it, unless maybe a small suspension lift if I decide I want larger tires because I'm not planning on any hardcore offroading, mostly desert trails, camping in the mountains and trips to the snow. A few more gauges to help me monitor under the hood better and some Mexican blankets over the torn vinyl seats and it'll be perfect.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Welcome from N. East Texas. What part of San Diego do you live. I was born and raised in Lakeside, and my wife is from Point-Loma. Need to get pics of the Burb, we are all pics freaks.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB. Yep, gotta have pics. Sounds like a nice almost original Burb. We're pic ****** around here, so post up, and post up often !!! :handshake:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size