Helper bags DO NOT FIT :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnydefacto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually 3+3
Engine Size
Hi guys, I had a thread a couple weeks ago that I was going to add helper bags in the rear of my c30 dually on a compressor. Well I got the Firestone Ride Rite double convoluted bags and they do not fit.

I will post pictures on sunday/monday of my set up, I do not have pictures now. I static dropped my truck about 5/6 (probably more like 4/6 as the stock front springs were old and probably soft, so the 2" drop springs only got me about an inch or so).

In the front I did Bell tech 3" drop spindles, 2" springs, and a drop shock (very stiff, hope it softens a bit).

In the rear I went with Western chassis 4" drop (4" hangers, 4" shackels) and then I removed some leafs, got me about 6" total.

I have 3- 3 1/2" of space between the axle and the frame. A mini notch may be in my future, but for now driving around town I have yet to hit. Heres my problem.... I only have about 7" or so of space between the top of the leaf pack and the bottom of the bed. I need 10-11" (guessing) of space there in order to mount the airbags. I can't even slide the airbag in that area now, let alone both the top and bottom mounting brackets.

How and where are you guys mounting your helper bags on your lowered trucks that did a shackle/hanger kit?

Thank you

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Well...that sucks......

Do you have the ability to weld a bracket mount and mount the bags somewhere other than between the leaf packs and frame? Depending on your application (pics needed), you may have to make a cantilever setup. If welding and fab out of the question, have you considered a single convoluted bag? You may be better off contacting Airbagit.com and inquire with them. They carry almost any type of airbag known on earth.

johnnydefacto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually 3+3
Engine Size
I am definitely going to have to call on them to see what can be done. Here are some pictures so you can see the clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 147

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe