Header heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backfoot100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Carbed 350
I know there have been discussions in the past regarding what to do about the effects of the heat produced by headers.
I've read the debates about wrapping the headers, shielding plug wires and starters, melting plug wires and vapor locking all because of the under hood heat.

I've been told by more than one source and read numerous books and articles that if you're gonna get headers, don't mess around and get ceramic. You'll thank yourself time and time again.
I have to tell you that my ceramic headers have been absolutely fantastic. No heat, vapor lock, wrapping or shielding anything. I can be stuck in stop and go traffic in FL heat with the A/C running without any issues.

I found this YouTube video about header theory and couldn't believe the difference in the amount of heat generated with standard black steel over ceramic coated. It was a real eye opener.
Check it out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1