have you seen this re-wire kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spenser21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
a
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
this has been a nightmare since day one. the previous owner has broke into the factory harness and used household speaker wire to add in an alarm or remote start, the radio is rigged into all that one way or another too. So im browsing and its been really hard to pull the trigger on a painless setup, but then I found this....

http://www.brotherstrucks.com/DELUXE-20-CIRCUIT-WIRING-HARNESS/productinfo/UWH0018/

anybody here ever heard of them? or even better yet use one of these kits? I guess it looks to good to be true and that's why I have to ask.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Brothers? yes, they've been around for a long time. The harness you've posted appears to be a universal kit. which means it's going to be more work than a direct replacement harness. have you spoke with @gmachinz about a replacement? I know he deals in them.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
See I thought it was generic too, but the description states it comes with all of the connectors to connect with the existing child harnesses.

I'm confused...

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
See I thought it was generic too, but the description states it comes with all of the connectors to connect with the existing child harnesses.

I'm confused...

well, when it's marketed as fits 1947-1991, there's a lotta options to cover. lol

spenser21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
a
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
also the part that was confusing me/ sounded to good to be true. I havnt talked to gmachinz, does he sell complete harness or something?

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I do offer factory style 100% plug n play harnesses specifically for squarebodies. There are wayyy too many options fir any harness company to offer a one size fits all kit-and besides there are quite a few that are obsolete as far as connectors and some terminals now. I stock a lot of this older stuff tho and have for quite awhile now. Let me know what you need and I can supply you with NOS style harnesses but with 2017 quality. Check out the pics I attached so you have an idea how I supply them....you get a lot more than generic rolls of wire and some basic terminals.

You must be registered for see images attach

spenser21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
a
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
ill have to snap a couple pics tonight of what im dealing with, but just think total hack job under the dash to the firewall... what id like to do is just start fresh and know that nothing has been hacked into, and then if need be I at least know whats going on under there. is that something you can do as far as a complete set for the whole truck?

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
well, when it's marketed as fits 1947-1991, there's a lotta options to cover. lol
Yes, major differences even between 66 and 67. including fuse panel and steering column connector.

No way would I use a generic kit unless you want to end up not using the factory location of firewall connectors. Also, documentation and tech support are very important, even for someone who has installed a few GM harnesses over the years.

Sounds like our own Harnessworx guy (gmachinz) would take care of you. And I have to say American Autowire has outstanding documentation and support, but their 73-82 kit costs $790.:eek:

Last edited:

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Heres a couple more
ill have to snap a couple pics tonight of what im dealing with, but just think total hack job under the dash to the firewall... what id like to do is just start fresh and know that nothing has been hacked into, and then if need be I at least know whats going on under there. is that something you can do as far as a complete set for the whole truck?
yes-just need to know year and interior options. I offer everything underhood too!

spenser21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
a
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Heres a couple more

yes-just need to know year and interior options. I offer everything underhood too!

awesome let me do that tonight and ill get them up here in the morning tomorrow... not really any options on this thing, its pretty bare. no pwr windows, no cruise, no ac.......

spenser21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
a
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
so the pictures don't look horrible but trust me, its a big nest of this all over.

spenser21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
a
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
so the pictures don't look horrible but trust me, its a big nest of this all over.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
@spenser21 just out of curiosity, that orange wire with the white plug towards the top of your fuse box doesn't happen to have a fuse holder about 3-4" away? I've got the same wire on my truck and been curious as to what it's been going to for a while now. Always assumed it was for the camper hookup between the cab and bed on my truck.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I wouldnt quite say the wiring is trashed but it does appear to be a little bit in dis-array.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224