Gas tank parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luis454c10

Reaction score
First Name
luis
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hey guys I am new to this fourm but I have had my 79 c10 with a 454 for almoat 3 years now and my gas tank started to leak so I'm replacing everything including the hoses sending unit. Was not sure if I need the selector valve even thou the LH gas tank did not work when I bought it. And was going to get rid of it anyway

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

BR@NDON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Surburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Welcome to the site!
My tank was leaking because one of the ports came loose at the sending unit manifold a while back. Nothing like getting it fixed and not smelling raw fuel every time you walk around the rear. I'm not sure about the selector valve part.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
You can bypass the selector valve if you're eliminating one of the tanks, but with a 454 in that truck you'll be filling it a lot. I wouldn't throw any parts away that you might need to put the 2nd tank back.

luis454c10

Reaction score
First Name
luis
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
How would you bypass it? I only dive it in the summer so its not a daily but I was thinking of keep the parts cuz I might throw it back on. But I tried to take it to work one day and was warming the truck up and look down and a puddle of gas was right there smh...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

7903sc

Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
On My 79 C30 with 2 tanks I tried carter and holley ext pumps and had problems towing my 30' inclosed trailer, I ended up putting a wallbro TBI intank pump in the right tank with a holley bypass regulator up by the Q Jet. so I could use both tanks I got rid of the 6port 1wire switching valve. put a delphi intank pump in the left tank 2 transfer fuel 2 the right tank. so far so good!! 1987 TBI fuel pump hangers fit perfectly in my 79 tanks!

This might work for you. I put a 3/8 hose fitting on top of the right tank, when the right tank gets down I have a toggle switch to turn on the pump and i watch the gauge and shut off when full. I have my pumps on switched power and a oil pressure safety switch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76