Front brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@kenneth1669 I don't think it's the proportioning valve. Those valve proportion front to rear not side to side. So there is no way that it could make one brake stick. So let me give you a little info that might help.

If one side brake on an axle is locking up, the most common thing is for the caliper on the opposite side to not be working well enough. If one wheel is dragging and is not spinning freely then that side either has a bad brake hose or caliper.

If for some reason the rear brakes aren't working or are working poorly then yes that will make it easier to lock the front brakes.

So if that were my truck I'd adjust up the rear brakes, then put the wheels back on, with the rear end still jacked up I'd fire up the truck run it to maybe around 20 mph, and slowly press the brake pedal and see if the rear brakes are working.

Proportioning valves are cheap, once you replace it everything for the front is new, so why not, but I'm betting you have a defective caliper. Just because a part is new, rebuilt doesn't mean you can't have a defect part. If you decide to get one replaced under warranty, have them both replaced, just to be sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31