Freezing in mo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
:roflbow::roflbow::roflbow: :laughing1: Dave is always a good sport !!!

I will never forget the first time i seen that picture, then when I found out that was his wedding picture I had to change my underwear.

Oh dam Dave was probably biting his tongue when he seen i was over here. Dave did you really think you was rid of me? lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I will never forget the first time i seen that picture, then when I found out that was his wedding picture I had to change my underwear.

Oh dam Dave was probably biting his tongue when he seen i was over here. Dave did you really think you was rid of me? lol

Yep, as a matter of fact, I have that pic too. I'd never post it though wo his permission. For securtiy reasons of course. We had some good fun with that. Remember Dave was on the forum telling us he was getting ready to go get married, comes back just a couple hours later and tells he is married and hanging at the forum. And we were telling him he was supposed to be busy knocking boots not on the damn computer. As a matter of fact, Dave has his 2 year anniversary coming up. Valentines Day I do beleive if I recall corrrectly. Dang, man, I have I known you guys that long??? And been talking about buying that truck close to that long too. And I still want the damn thing. Maybe someday, we'll have a tornado start your way and bring it down to me. Sadly though, most tornadoes go to the Northeast, not Southwest, so it probably won't happen huh?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
One of these days, I just need to go see O77 and install some good mirrors on his truck, and then swing by and pick up that 79 K10. You got a body inmind yet for your Vortec convesion Pops? If you're wanting to go 4L80-E, you might even end up with a 6.0 instead. Find someone with a 3/4 or 1 ton powerplant.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
One of these days, I just need to go see O77 and install some good mirrors on his truck, and then swing by and pick up that 79 K10. You got a body inmind yet for your Vortec convesion Pops? If you're wanting to go 4L80-E, you might even end up with a 6.0 instead. Find someone with a 3/4 or 1 ton powerplant.

given the fact that tornadoes usually head north east just maybe I might end up with some of your goodies lol.

i am not a fan of the 6.0 I am contemplating doing the conversion to the ole 79 still but not sure. Still havent gotten the 6.2 truck from my cousin yet BUT you know that one is calling for a 5.9 cummins still.
Hell I got to many projects in mind right now.

1. Vortec conversion in SB
2. Cummins swap in SB
3. Solid Front axle swap in my 96
And to make matters worse I still working on building the website. Hopefully I will have it completed by the end of March though. They are time consuming as hell to build well atleast this one is because it is also a web store.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I prefer the 5.3 too. Also more common. I've heard the 6.0 likes to drink gas too.
I've got this 85K10 body still that used to be 6.2 also. I'd love to do a Cummins swap to it, I just don't have the funds for all my ideas. I still want to do a Chevroldslet Project too with the Olds 455 and Variable Pitch Stall Turbo 400. I've got the power train, just got to build it. Building kits for Olds 455's aren't cheap with the mods I need to do it on top of that so it holds together, and the machine work is more cuz I want it bored with a torque plate. To many ideas, and wants for this poor man budget.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
HRPC and Pops crack me after reading there posts from last night. Kinda reminds me the fun they had at the other place before it got stupid with the ban hammer.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
We had a good crowd over there with you, Pops, Cz, Bernie, Vans, Semo, Lonesome, Crab, JeemC etc. Pops was still kinda new then too. You're right !!! We had some fun in the off topics, but when someone came in needing help, they got pounced on and helped out, no matter what it was. Then after Pops and I got the hatchet cuz a unnamed mod was belittleling people and we made note of it, then threades sat for days without even getting responded to cuz everyone jumped ship to another place. Of course we don't have that kind of traffic here, cuz we are a Square Body only forum where they did it all there. But, I still like this better cuz its 95% SB info only and much easier to organize and categorize and find it.

Last edited:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
We had a good crowd over there with you, Pops, Cz, Bernie, Vans, Semo, Lonesome, Crab, JeemC etc. Pops was still kinda new then too. You're right !!! We had some fun in the off topics, but when someone came in needing help, they got pounced on and helped out, no matter what it was. Then after Pops and I got the hatchet cuz a unnamed mod was belittleling people and we made note of it, then threades sat for days without even getting responded to cuz everyone jumped ship to another place. Of course we don't have that kind of traffic here, cuz we are a Square Body only forum where they did it all there. But, I still like this better cuz its 95% SB info only and much easier to organize and categorize and find it.

I like this better than the place we all jumped ship to even though I dont have SB yet. The thread hijacking over there is too extreme for me. I didn't mind it at first but got too out of hand IMO as they were getting new members everyday.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I could see Shagmiester adding more area's for later years of chevy trucks. Just like the "67-72chevytrucks.com" probably started specifically for that model of truck and grew into a category for every model chevy truck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Actually I think 67-72 is a spin off 73-87 and CaptKock.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I have plans on doing a restoration on a 67-72 chevy truck in the future.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I like the 67 and 68 better. The sleeker hood is why. You can tell a 67 from a 68 by the marker lights in the fender and bed. 68 has them, 67 don't. The only differance in the those trucks. The 67 and 68 also have the hand brake lever instead of the E brake pedal. I do beleive 69-72 are E brake pedal. But, I never really was fond of that body style. I'd do a 64-66 preferably over a 67-72.

mamu

Reaction score
First Name
matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
welcome welcome! im new to this one too!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70meyers