Found on eBay Listings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It had me going for a bit, and although still nice, kinda took the wind outta my sails when I seen the pouches on the doors aren't OEM, the Transfer case is an NP208 or NP241C when it should be an NP205. And there was something else I noticed too. The big one being, I'd want the Tcase swapped which means driveshaft work, crossmember moving, new adapter etc. So knock a couple grand off your highest bid for that. The Dakota Digital was a nice added touch. My guess is, it's probably a $12K truck, $15K if it had the NP205 IMO, but I bet they're wanting $20K for it.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I've known the owners of that dealer for many, many years. My brother bought his first new GMC there, a 2000 K1500 Sierra.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That is just about identical to the OEM A883 MY6/M77 shifter for the 4 speed overdrive. That there is also an OEM shifter. The aftermarket Hurst Comp Plus shifters have adjustable gate stops, the OEM's do not.

I have a feeling that would bolt right on and work with my A883 without mods and connect up with my current rods.

Hey, HR, I have a Muncie four speed shifter setting around, are You innerested ???
Give Me Your addy, in a PM, I`ll send it to You, IF it is something YOU will use.
I`m thinking the link rods is with it. Been a while since I`ve seen it but, I know its still here.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hey, HR, I have a Muncie four speed shifter setting around, are You innerested ???
Give Me Your addy, in a PM, I`ll send it to You, IF it is something YOU will use.
I`m thinking the link rods is with it. Been a while since I`ve seen it but, I know its still here.

Oh hell yes I'd use it. Love Muncies and Hurst Shifters. I even have a few shifter parts so I bet I can make it work on something. I passed up a Muncie M21 Close Ratio not long ago, as in a year and a half or so, cuz even though it was cheap enough for an M21, the guy said it could use some synchros but all gears are good, and it had not shifter at all. So that ran the price up and passed on it. Shortly thereafer, is when I stole the A833 with crossmember and front driveshaft for $75 and the shifter is included. I had intended on going thru the shifter too, cuz I don't know the condition and the trans wouldn't shift right. I later figured out the guy took the shifter off and didn't put it back on right. So I need to go thru it, and I bet it will work right then, but not positive. Sure, I'll put that one to use on something else if my A833 shifter is OK, or convert my A833 to use that one since it prolly has adjustable gate stops, which is great for slamming gears which is a must racing. I'll give it a good home and appreciate it even if I don't get to use it right away, but I will use it eventually.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Oh hell yes I'd use it. Love Muncies and Hurst Shifters. I even have a few shifter parts so I bet I can make it work on something. I passed up a Muncie M21 Close Ratio not long ago, as in a year and a half or so, cuz even though it was cheap enough for an M21, the guy said it could use some synchros but all gears are good, and it had not shifter at all. So that ran the price up and passed on it. Shortly thereafer, is when I stole the A833 with crossmember and front driveshaft for $75 and the shifter is included. I had intended on going thru the shifter too, cuz I don't know the condition and the trans wouldn't shift right. I later figured out the guy took the shifter off and didn't put it back on right. So I need to go thru it, and I bet it will work right then, but not positive. Sure, I'll put that one to use on something else if my A833 shifter is OK, or convert my A833 to use that one since it prolly has adjustable gate stops, which is great for slamming gears which is a must racing. I'll give it a good home and appreciate it even if I don't get to use it right away, but I will use it eventually.

Here it is, missing one link rod.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hmm, That's different. I wonder what that came off of. :shrug:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:wtf:

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
My guess is, it's probably a $12K truck, $15K if it had the NP205 IMO, but I bet they're wanting $20K for it.

Bingo. A response I received:

"We have the truck priced at $19900 locally, but I can let it go in the mid teens. Feel free to call me to discuss more at 765-914-5595."

That truck is exactly what I'm looking for too.....I'm gonna follow the listing and see what happens.

I'm still about 2 weeks from pulling the trigger, stay tuned, I may be resurrecting an old build thread :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Bingo. A response I received:

"We have the truck priced at $19900 locally, but I can let it go in the mid teens. Feel free to call me to discuss more at 765-914-5595."

That truck is exactly what I'm looking for too.....I'm gonna follow the listing and see what happens.

I'm still about 2 weeks from pulling the trigger, stay tuned, I may be resurrecting an old build thread :)

You gonna fly out to IN and drive it back or have it shipped? Go see Toe Joe and bring me some parts you can drop in OKC. Might be a good chance for you to meet a few people and make a vacation out of it. And whoever else might meet you in IN. Might be a fun trip.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I have family 20 minutes from Studebaker GMC.

My mom wants to sell her K5.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
You gonna fly out to IN and drive it back or have it shipped? Go see Toe Joe and bring me some parts you can drop in OKC. Might be a good chance for you to meet a few people and make a vacation out of it. And whoever else might meet you in IN. Might be a fun trip.

I would think about flying out and driving back.... the one I'm more interested in is much closer though....

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size