For Sale: 2002 Impala

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
sounds like a fun trip :D

What sucks, is the house isn't even under contract yet. And you know how closings can go.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Well let me know, man :waytogo: I'd be willing to meet you half way as well which would probably be somewhere in Oklahoma I'm guessing. I'm not exaggerating when I say this car is top notch. The tires may need replacement in about 20k miles but that's the only thing that we know of for sure. With the car comes about an inch or 2 thick worth of maintenance records :D

Anyway, I listed her tonight on CL
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3816143628.html

reposted a new ad

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3816306313.html

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
It looks like this could be sold tonight. I have a buyer coming down from Iowa to look at it tonight for his 16 year old son. We shall see as we all know nothing is truly final until money is in hand and they drive off with it :D

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Well, long story short the dude drove 2 hours and drove home empty handed. CL douchebaggery apparently knows no distance :lol:

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Well, long story short the dude drove 2 hours and drove home empty handed. CL douchebaggery apparently knows no distance :lol:

Bummer.

What kind of douche-baggery occured?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
:lol: well, before he even looked at it I agreed to let it go for $3k (after getting approval from my mom since she owns it) so I told him if he drove down I'd be willing to let it go for the $3k which is already $1k less than my asking price. Keep in mind that any car you buy for that price is going to have some things that needs to be replaced, worked on, fixed,....So he and his woman take it for a test drive and they've been combing over all of the records of the which is a stack about 2 inches thick. Keep in mind this car is a 2002, no rust, no dents (maybe 1 or 2 small dings), a couple minor scratches but overall in outstanding shape considering the mileage and the interior is close to perfect with the exception of some wear on the steering wheel. As soon as they get back from their test drive he says we're going to have to go back home and think about it (I'm good with that :shrug:) and start spouting off that it needs new tires (I stated to him that the tires probably have about 15k more left on them) and that he thinks it needs new brakes (probably does) and asks if I'd take less than the $3k. ABSOLUTELY NOT! My exact response to that was "Dude, listen. For $3k if you're looking at newer cars you're going to get a car with high mileage that'll either look good but need a few minor maintenance items to be brought up to snuff but looks nice and/or a car that's been beat to crap but have new tires. You're not going to get a perfect car". It's not my car but I'm definitely not going to just give it away and let my mom take a beating on it. I was just flabbergasted that after seeing the car and driving it he wanted me to come even further off my price especially after driving 2 hours to get here. I'm more than reasonable to deal with but this is a heck of a nice car. Heck, I will buy it from my mom for less than $3k myself before I let some schmuck steal it for that price :lol:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I don't know if your mom is in a big hurry for Cash, but I'd gladly give $3K for it. And depending on this this new insurance deal works out, I might even have close to $3K or maybe at least even $1K deposit for a couple months til the house is fixed and sold. $3K, and $1K for new brakes and tires I'd be good to go. If it's been maintained like you said, and I know it has the 3.8 since it's and LS. I wasn't kidding when I said I'd been thinking of a 2001-2003 or 4 Grand Prix GT or Impala LS. I hate black too, but color is not all that important to me for a used car so long as it's mechanically sound. I've got to get something good on mpg ASAP. So I"m glad of douchbaggery.

Also, does anyone realize my house just went up in value at least $10K? Maybe even more like $15-$20K. And I WILL NOT have to hire an agent either, so that's commission I won't have to pay. It sucks horribly for me right now, but in a couple months, this whole ordeal is going to be a blessing in disguise for me. People will have cash in hand ready to buy a ready to move into house. Especially my house with it's features, that MOST houses in this area don't have. Right now, it's just a matter of how fast I get the insurance adjuster here to look it over and write me a check and get the work done. Appointment set for Sunday at 5pm. But I did tell him, I do have a house. It's a sold structure, just beat up and needs repair so if he needs to push me off and take care of someone with nothing and not livable, get to them first and take care of them, that my house is livable with borded up windows as soon as I get power back on. I expect the house to be sold in less than 5 days of putting an ad on CL.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I don't know if your mom is in a big hurry for Cash, but I'd gladly give $3K for it. And depending on this this new insurance deal works out, I might even have close to $3K or maybe at least even $1K deposit for a couple months til the house is fixed and sold. $3K, and $1K for new brakes and tires I'd be good to go. If it's been maintained like you said, and I know it has the 3.8 since it's and LS. I wasn't kidding when I said I'd been thinking of a 2001-2003 or 4 Grand Prix GT or Impala LS. I hate black too, but color is not all that important to me for a used car so long as it's mechanically sound. I've got to get something good on mpg ASAP. So I"m glad of douchbaggery.

Also, does anyone realize my house just went up in value at least $10K? Maybe even more like $15-$20K. And I WILL NOT have to hire an agent either, so that's commission I won't have to pay. It sucks horribly for me right now, but in a couple months, this whole ordeal is going to be a blessing in disguise for me. People will have cash in hand ready to buy a ready to move into house. Especially my house with it's features, that MOST houses in this area don't have. Right now, it's just a matter of how fast I get the insurance adjuster here to look it over and write me a check and get the work done. Appointment set for Sunday at 5pm. But I did tell him, I do have a house. It's a sold structure, just beat up and needs repair so if he needs to push me off and take care of someone with nothing and not livable, get to them first and take care of them, that my house is livable with borded up windows as soon as I get power back on. I expect the house to be sold in less than 5 days of putting an ad on CL.

:console:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454

Yeah she'd take $3k and I think it's worth every bit of that. She's not in a big hurry for cash. It'd just make it easier for when she has to pay tags, taxes and title when her 30 day tags are up on the new car she bought. If she doesn't have the full $3k by that point it's not the end of the world. With the brakes, they feel and stop fine but I'm sure it could probably use new pads. The tires on it will last ya another 10-15k pretty easily but if I was buying this car I'd probably go ahead and replace them this summer just to get it out of the way. HRPC, if you're serious about I can take a close look at the stack of records she has and PM you all the maintenance items she's done with it. A lot of it has been since it topped 125k so within the last 50k miles. I know for sure she's replaced the hub bearings, the intake gasket, alternator (probably a couple of times), battery (probably a couple of times), belt, hoses, water pump, power steering pump (at least has been flushed recently but I don't remember off the top of my head if it's been replaced),.... You get the idea. I think earlier I said it was wreck free but I was mistaken about that. A few years back someone hit her driver's side door so the door was replaced and repainted. You wouldn't know there was ever damage by looking at it. Not this last winter but the winter prior to that she had a new tranny put in and it's under warranty I believe. Anyhoot, you get the idea :)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Just sold to a nice couple for 3200 :) A little bit less than I was aiming for but more than my mom had initially thought and they had cash so adios :wave: They wanted a good MPG car and seemed excited to be getting it :)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
It's very good news and less for my mom to think about so it's worth it. She's pretty stressed right now with retirement looming and she doesn't deal with change well and she's had a lot of it recently. So hopefully this helps her out considerably.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
DAMN !!! It's OK though. I think my 2nd choice may be to get a cheap ass 4 cyl ricer for 35-40mpg Highway and 25 in town. There will be several low mileage 50-80 mile cars here that are totalled due to hail and glass damage. Pick up one of those for $1500-$2000 cash, replace a few windows and roll with it. Just need a cheap transportation car so I can someday put money into the squares. As long as it's one color, safe, sound, sanitary and dependable, I can deal with some hail damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CallMeTiny