For anyone thinking of swapping to TBI.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Trans is still tight... just need to drain it now... lol looks like I'm on track to have a killer weekend when the 84 gets here... lmao

Pull the tank too, along with the fuel lines....will make the swap a little easier.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Hope you're in a garage, the weather has hit town. Some call it rain, I called it drizzle.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
And the nearest Federal Air Space I believe is Edwards and China Lake. I wouldn't venture in those areas, you might end up as target practice from a fighter pilot in his billion dollar jet.:lazer:

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
And the PD here doesn't take too kindly to people running away or driving away to where they have to pursue. They are notorious for being excellent shots with their firearms. Besides that, there is nowhere to run to. CHP will block any highway you try to take out. But it would be fun to watch on the 10 o'clock news, somebody up on one of the couple feet tall hills here that have no trees or anything hide under yelling at the cops "you will never get me I am invincible", and all of those sharpshooters surrounding him...I would watch that...lol...:popcorn:

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
I'm not invincible... but with the right truck, the right drink, and the right friend riding along... you might hear... hold my beer and watch this...lmao

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Back in my STUPID days, I guess I was pretty talented. I never had anyone hold my beer for me. I just said watch this and did it. Mighta spilled a little, but what the hell, they make more.

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
Anyone have any other ideas on places to get the fuse block and relay... radio shack here in town didn't have what I was looking for... I hope where ever it is the the cost is reasonable... this build is way on a budget... lol but I love the fact that there are so many of you all with information on this subject here... and I hope this conversion is worth it over the stock fuel delivery system that was on the 84 Blazer... I just hope there isn't a lot of bugs to work out... I'm sure it's going to be fun though.... just want to go slow and steady and end up with a dependable daily driver... lol

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I usually use the inline fuse holders from the electrical isle at orielly's....I use glass inline buss fuses on my TPI setup.

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
My brother works at orielly's... I'll give him a call and see what he can come up with... thanks

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
My brother has two different style available in store for around $12.00... I'm gonna look at them more closely in the next couple of days... figure out which one I want to use... now what kind of relay do I need to get? I seen it was a 40 amp... is that for the fuel pump?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
My brother has two different style available in store for around $12.00... I'm gonna look at them more closely in the next couple of days... figure out which one I want to use... now what kind of relay do I need to get? I seen it was a 40 amp... is that for the fuel pump?

Was it bad on the donor truck, The fuel pump relay should stay with the harness. I think its a 30 amp.

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
Haven't seen that relay yet... is it under the hood or inside the cab... truck ran great before I unhooked all this stuff... lol the only wires I cut were the ones connected to the main block under the hood on the driver's side... hope that was right???

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Haven't seen that relay yet... is it under the hood or inside the cab... truck ran great before I unhooked all this stuff... lol the only wires I cut were the ones connected to the main block under the hood on the driver's side... hope that was right???

The fuel pump relay should be above the passenger side valve cover, on the firewall.

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
OK... I believe I got that... I'll start taking pics of what I've done and post them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Villano