FNG here that used the search bar…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Yep, you certainly are. Ive rebuilt over 2000 700r4s. How many have you done?

Dont bother answering, its a rehtorical questions...off to the ignore list you go.
Like I said is it good to have? Yes absolutely but necessary no absolutely not

squarebdy

Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
lammed with Trailering Mirrors.. that’s a new one! But I like it ;)
The whole idea for this truck. Went up north from me found this truck on a ranch bought it and just slam it on air ride

Left the truck entirely alone no paint, no body work, just let the Arizona sun do its thing

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I’m running just the edelbrock 600cfm carb. Yard sale find.

I’m using the TV cable from the Camaro. To me it seems too long like I have 8” stuffed between trans and the floor.

Yes I am, but it’s getting scarce unless there’s somewhere else I need to look?
Do you have the 700r4 corrector adapter bolted to throttle linkage? It will not work correctly without this

squarebdy

Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

Attachments

• IMG_5009.jpeg
    IMG_5009.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4259.jpeg
    IMG_4259.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4495.jpeg
    IMG_4495.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4260.jpeg
    IMG_4260.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4262.jpeg
    IMG_4262.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 36

squarebdy

Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Do you have the 700r4 corrector adapter bolted to throttle linkage? It will not work correctly without this
That’s what I’m looking for… it’s the internet that says yes it’ll work etc etc. do you have a link or picture?

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
You need eddlebrock #8026 corrector and fast 304147 is the best bracket I've used. You will need 3/4" spacer to clear linkage but it works great. If u need pics let me know ill take some when I get home

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Poor picture, pressurized convector lock-up oil also lubes the rear overdrive planetary gear set. I believe GM saw the need for this extra pressure lube.

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size

Poor picture, pressurized convector lock-up oil also lubes the rear overdrive planetary gear set. I believe GM saw the need for this extra pressure lube.
Iirc it's not so much lube but extra passage to pressurize the clutch harder In lock up to minimize chance of slip with 1 to 1 lock to mimick gear to gear engagement

potent rodent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
butch
Truck Year
86 and 78
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 and 305
I’m sure this is a beaten horse and my apologies I have searched for awhile before I posted this.

Swapped a 700r4 into my 74
I’m now fighting TV length and throttle bracket.

Universal bracket from the parts house doesn’t work
The donor trans is from and 87 camaro
Smallblock 350 with a sweet edelbrock carb. Just a driver on air ride, no performance really.

Looking for the correct bracket or a general idea where to find one off an another GM vehicle?
Found 2 online but they offered another piece for the throttle cable. Trying to buy one cry once type deal

Do I still need lock up hooked up with a stall converter?
Am I looking at a potential failure later down the road?
fng is what we called new guys just in country in nam

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Nick +1

I own a custom built non-lockup 700R4.
Read my sig slogan, at the bottom of my post carefully...

Removing the electronics and installing a non-lockup Transgo kit, IS NOT THE SAME as unplugging the connector and running without a lockup, on a locking converter.

You also remove the brake switch, which "unlocks" and switches the entire system using solenoids, under load, via the ECM. So the solenoids, MUST be dealt with, or a furnace ensues. The ECM is expecting lockup and everything in the chip is programmed to see a lockup.

Turbo4whl posted a terrific diagram, why "everything matters, all the time".
Cutting off the blood flow to your overdrive planetary set, doesn't sound like such a good idea. The pressure bleeds off to exactly the correct pressure for all your seals and valves, while thrusting a burst of cooled liquid, adding velocity to the gear inertia.

The diagram is amazing, showing how complicated every turn gets and how many circuits it crosses.

The only way to cut out the ECM, the solenoids, the lockup and the connector, is to build the internals, so they are no longer needed, entirely. I had one built, and I'm no expert.

Unless you have studied the hydraulic colored circuit diagrams and electronics failure modes, extensively, you cannot presume to know anything. The torque converter runs very hot when not locked up in 4th, if it is designed to lockup. It is a system, you cannot just cut stuff off without consequences.

Be careful of those on forums such as these who regurgitate what they read on another forum, as fact. Ask for a second opinion. There are a lot of hack mods out there.

Call Art Carr and ask him what running a lock up 700R4 converter, without implementing the lockup circuit, on an unmodified valve with solenoids does, and get back to us with his answer. He's probably built ten's of thousands of them, by now.

The original non lockup is called the 200-4R. Good Guy's race them every weekend and they win races, every weekend.

https://cpttransmission.com/

Sometimes... the "IGNORE" button, located under each and every one of our user ID's, on the left side of the screen, is your friend.

Nick, an expert builder, with amazing youtube instructional videos, (watched by tens of thousands of tuber user's), is blocking this guy... using the IGNORE button...

Why is this significant to your transmission question and who should you trust not to fry your rig? :flame:

Last edited:

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That's just inaccurate information it's a feature not a necessity
It's accurate based on the one I burnt up....twice! Gonna have to go with Nick on this one. It's all good though, now that I live in NV4500 Utopia and slushbox trannies are a thing of the past. :pedobear:

Last edited:

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
It's accurate based on the one I burnt up....twice! Gonna have to go with Nick on this one. It's all good though, now that I live in NV4500 Utopia and slushbox trannies are a thing of the past. :pedobear:
You probably had a TV cable issue lockup not being attached will have no adverse effect other than slightly higher temps on highway because of normal torque converter action.

squarebdy

Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Update:
Bracket worked great! Got everything hooked up as it should on the carb side.

Now to get the correct spark plug wires that aren’t 9 feet long and look like a spaghetti mess.

Solution: cut to fit wires

Problem: bracket for throttle peddle is missing

Solution: source a bracket from a yard or another square owner

Picked up the bed from storage now to shorten the bed. I’ll take pictures and leave updates as soon as I complete it.

squarebdy

Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Before I get burned at the stake for this I just want to let you know this was the plan from the get go.

Extensive research and 1 YouTube video I felt confident enough to do this.

6” in the rear 14” in the front and kept the stake pocket.

Attachments

• IMG_5116.jpeg
    IMG_5116.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5117.jpeg
    IMG_5117.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5118.jpeg
    IMG_5118.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5120.jpeg
    IMG_5120.jpeg