FNG here that used the search bar…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squarebdy

Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I’m sure this is a beaten horse and my apologies I have searched for awhile before I posted this.

Swapped a 700r4 into my 74
I’m now fighting TV length and throttle bracket.

Universal bracket from the parts house doesn’t work
The donor trans is from and 87 camaro
Smallblock 350 with a sweet edelbrock carb. Just a driver on air ride, no performance really.
You must be registered for see images attach

Looking for the correct bracket or a general idea where to find one off an another GM vehicle?
Found 2 online but they offered another piece for the throttle cable. Trying to buy one cry once type deal

Do I still need lock up hooked up with a stall converter?
Am I looking at a potential failure later down the road?

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Lockup dosent need to be hooked up.

What carb are ypu running?

What tv cable are you using? The one from a camaro is too short you'll need one for a truck (idk how or why it's different but all research I did says it is)

A pic of carb where Bracket is would be helpful

Don't drive it until tv is correctly set trans will fry itself in a hurry

Rickf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
1974, 1954 & a 1937
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Are you near a salvage yard?

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
I’m sure this is a beaten horse and my apologies I have searched for awhile before I posted this.

Swapped a 700r4 into my 74
I’m now fighting TV length and throttle bracket.

Universal bracket from the parts house doesn’t work
The donor trans is from and 87 camaro
Smallblock 350 with a sweet edelbrock carb. Just a driver on air ride, no performance really.
You must be registered for see images attach

Looking for the correct bracket or a general idea where to find one off an another GM vehicle?
Found 2 online but they offered another piece for the throttle cable. Trying to buy one cry once type deal

Slammed with Trailering Mirrors.. that’s a new one! But I like it ;)

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
You don't need lock up on a TH350C. You should have lockup on a 700R4. Needed to lube the overdrive planetary gear set.

brooksman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado & Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
350 & 305

Best way to make damn sure it is right is to drop the pan.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Lockup dosent need to be hooked up.
Yes it does, or trans overheating will be a fast follower. Th350Cs its not as critical.

Yes - converter stall engine speed is irrelevant when it comes to whether or not the tcc is active and working. That said the higher the stall speed, the more heat generated all other things equal so make sure the trans is adequately cooled.

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Yes it does, or trans overheating will be a fast follower. Th350Cs its not as critical.

Yes - converter stall engine speed is irrelevant when it comes to whether or not the tcc is active and working. That said the higher the stall speed, the more heat generated all other things equal so make sure the trans is adequately cooled.
Lockup absolutely does not need to be hooked up. It's nice to have but not needed

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Lockup absolutely does not need to be hooked up. It's nice to have but not needed
Yes it does...You'll generate a ton of heat without it. Ive seen enough of them and 200R4s come in where folks didnt install lock up kits and trans was scorched inside as a result.

You can convert the trans to take a non-lock up converter via Transgo's conversion kit and simply install a converter without a clutch in it but beyond that, if the converter has a clutch, there needs to be some means of locking the converter. 82-87 700r4 valve bodies can do it in the valve body via a TCC mechanical lock up kit; these same valve bodies can be installed on to any 88-92 700R4 with that kit installed. Doing it that way eliminates the need for any electro-hydraulic or computer-controlled lock up.

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Yes it does...You'll generate a ton of heat without it. Ive seen enough of them and 200R4s come in where folks didnt install lock up kits and trans was scorched inside as a result.

You can convert the trans to take a non-lock up converter via Transgo's conversion kit and simply install a converter without a clutch in it but beyond that, if the converter has a clutch, there needs to be some means of locking the converter. 82-87 700r4 valve bodies can do it in the valve body via a TCC mechanical lock up kit; these same valve bodies can be installed on to any 88-92 700R4 with that kit installed. Doing it that way eliminates the need for any electro-hydraulic or computer-controlled lock up.
That's just inaccurate information it's a feature not a necessity

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I agree you'd think a guy with transmissions in his handle would know that. But that's the world we live in. Just a world of parts changers
Yep, you certainly are. Ive rebuilt over 2000 700r4s. How many have you done?

Dont bother answering, its a rehtorical questions...off to the ignore list you go.

squarebdy

Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
What carb are ypu running?
I’m running just the edelbrock 600cfm carb. Yard sale find.

What tv cable are you using? The one from a camaro is too short you'll need one for a truck (idk how or why it's different but all research I did says it is)
I’m using the TV cable from the Camaro. To me it seems too long like I have 8” stuffed between trans and the floor.
Are you near a salvage yard?
Yes I am, but it’s getting scarce unless there’s somewhere else I need to look?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef