Finally got it painted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Nice....gotta show some more pics though. :)

DixieScottsdale

Reaction score
First Name
Zan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.3L V6
Cost

I'm also curious as to the cost, and how much they had to do before painting...I.E body work, etc. I'm planning on having mine painted next year.

For all questions regarding the cost:
The vehicle needed extensive body work as it sat in a field after the owner passed, and was neglected as a result. It had rust in all the typical spots, those being the rear quarters, rocker panels, and cab corners(will post pictures in another thread.) Before anyone questions why I chose to invest in this truck, the truck has great sentimental value as it was my grandfathers farm truck, and it has been in the family since it was brand new. To sum it up, the bodywork and paint job(which includes sprayed in bedliner) cost in the ball park of $5,000.

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
When you had this done, were the doors, tailgate, hood, front clip, bed, etc. removed and then body-worked and sprayed separately? I'm also looking to repaint and wondering if this is necessary for a real top notch job.

DixieScottsdale

Reaction score
First Name
Zan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.3L V6
When you had this done, were the doors, tailgate, hood, front clip, bed, etc. removed and then body-worked and sprayed separately? I'm also looking to repaint and wondering if this is necessary for a real top notch job.

I will upload a photo album taken by the guy who did all the work later, but to answer your question, the bed and doors didn't have to be removed in this case. However, the hood, front clip, tailgate, and rear bumper were all removed.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
$5000 is not unreasonable. I'm going to try to do most of the body work myself but I'll probably still approach the same amount of money.

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
Arrest me Red! Looks Great!! :cheers:

Latest posts