Factory AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CWBlack71

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Good Monday Gentlemen,
I have a ‘77 K30. It came with factory air. One of the previous owners removed the compressor and hoses. I have no idea of when this was removed.
My question is, is it as easy as replacing the hoses and compressor, or am I looking at major problems?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
New accumulator, orifice tube, clean the rest of the system and new hoses/compressor should be able to get it going. Electric fan and a new condenser improve things a bit

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
its not just replacing the missing parts. Like the post above you need to swap out some internal parts, then put it on a vacuum pump to pull out the moisture and atmosphere. You can rent the tools to do that much but when it comes to adding oil and charging the system and making sure there are no leaks I would leave it to those with experience, if you are not experienced, simply because wasting the refrigerant into the atmosphere is frowned upon and waste of your money spent on materials as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksquare84