Ez-wiring kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I ordered mine but never installed it, as mentioned before its going to require buying alot of the proper plugs and some wiring is not included, mostly the stuff under the dash for your blower fan switch, radio wiring and stuff like that but it does have new power wires for both those things. You can buy new factory plugs and just solder them onto your new wiring harness. I have got a few factory plugs for my the SS through Napa.

I figured as much. Those are great kits if you want to make like a T bucket roadseter from scratch or a moon buggy out of a 4x4 pu or something like that, or maybe even an old 50-60's truck, but I sure like to keep as much as OEM wiring as possible.

Painless makes a kit for our Trucks but it is about 600 bucks. I have one and it looks just like the factory setup. If I remember correctly it covers everything but the wiper and the elec windows/locks. Has power feed for those but not the harness.

Yes, and they are expensive, and still don't think they are 100% the same wiring as OEM.

Myself, I'd just be doing the Pull A Part thing and collecting pieces of the harness as I found them.

The last 81 GMC 1/2 ton that I scrapped and parted out, IIRC, I saved every peice of wire from that truck. The underhood harness, the ESC harness, the rear tallights and fuell guage harness, the heat and air harness, blah blah blah. The harness to the instrument cluster. I really need to find me a harness to an 85 K10. The idiots who who took the motor, trans and Tcase out of the one I bought as I roller, totally just cut off the harness at the firewall.

DLC

Reaction score
First Name
D
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've used a couple of the EZ Wiring kits. One in a Toyota truck and the other in a Ford kit car. Both were excellent and their tech support is great.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
How are they in cost as compared the the ever so expensive Pain in the Ass kits?

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
I have one of the EZ Wire kits also(EZ 21), very nice complete kit. And a great price too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes