Ez-wiring kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I found this kit in a magazine, the ad said it uses all GM plugs. The fuse block looks like whats in my truck, I cant confirm right now since im not around my truck. I am wondering if this would be a good kit to buy for a complete re-wire, its about 1/3rd the price of a painless kit. If its missing any plugs I found a local parts store that stocks just about every GM plug there is.

Im looking at the 21 circuit kit in the bottom right that is GM color coded, tell me what you guys think.

http://www.ezwiring.com/wiring_harness.html

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've seen that kit before and wondered the same thing. You should buy one and be the guinea pig. :D

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
nice, I agree....buy one and tell us how it is.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I read around on different forums and it seems like a decent kit, if the most popular reviews is that the kit causes dash fires I would probably save up for a painless but the biggest bitch anyone had was that the directions suck and they got all confused.

Good idea guys, Im gonna go for it as soon as I can afford it. Im goin all out on this one, im talkin heat shrink tubing on every connection, pictures of everything, wire loom and tape work the whole 9 yards! Hell I might even make up some brand new cables so everything is updated.

Rockstargraphics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Wrangler
Engine Size
5.7L
Did you buy the kit? I'm looking at doing the same thing.

rlpetty43

Reaction score
First Name
roman
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
6.0 LQ9
a buddy of mine put one in his 65 chevy I helped him with it a bit its labled very well and it is working good for him.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
a buddy of mine put one in his 65 chevy I helped him with it a bit its labled very well and it is working good for him.

Thank You.
Seems to have a reasonable price tag too.

Rockstargraphics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Wrangler
Engine Size
5.7L

Also you are able to rip out ever wire and re do it with this correct? Like I mean everything.

rlpetty43

Reaction score
First Name
roman
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
6.0 LQ9
Did it come with GM plugs?

it had connectors for the steering collumn the alternater and also came with the ingnition conector, beyond that he just used generic spade ends and stuch its not a plug and play setup.

rlpetty43

Reaction score
First Name
roman
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
6.0 LQ9
Also you are able to rip out ever wire and re do it with this correct? Like I mean everything.[/QU
its a basic wireing kit (not vehicle specific) therefore it may not have everything depending on your accessories. Might want to make sure it has enough circuits for all your extras.

Rockstargraphics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Wrangler
Engine Size
5.7L
Also you are able to rip out ever wire and re do it with this correct? Like I mean everything.[/QU
its a basic wireing kit (not vehicle specific) therefore it may not have everything depending on your accessories. Might want to make sure it has enough circuits for all your extras.

You sold me I am ordering it.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I ordered mine but never installed it, as mentioned before its going to require buying alot of the proper plugs and some wiring is not included, mostly the stuff under the dash for your blower fan switch, radio wiring and stuff like that but it does have new power wires for both those things. You can buy new factory plugs and just solder them onto your new wiring harness. I have got a few factory plugs for my the SS through Napa.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Painless makes a kit for our Trucks but it is about 600 bucks. I have one and it looks just like the factory setup. If I remember correctly it covers everything but the wiper and the elec windows/locks. Has power feed for those but not the harness.

Rockstargraphics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Wrangler
Engine Size
5.7L
Kit is ordered, I will show your guys soon maybe do a write up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10