Exterior LED accessory light ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
Wanting to get some pictures/ideas of led accessory lights. Kits that are out available and or custom set ups.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Not sure what application you are going for...

On our '77, I bought and am adding some of the little LED circle lights for under the hood to light it up when working on it or at a show, etc. I am also adding them on the rear panel behind the seat to light up that area. I also bought 8 rock lights to light up the wheelwells and under the truck. All was less than $75.

On our '90, I am also adding the circle lights in the bed to light up the cargo area.

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
Not sure what application you are going for...

On our '77, I bought and am adding some of the little LED circle lights for under the hood to light it up when working on it or at a show, etc. I am also adding them on the rear panel behind the seat to light up that area. I also bought 8 rock lights to light up the wheelwells and under the truck. All was less than $75.

On our '90, I am also adding the circle lights in the bed to light up the cargo area.
Are these the 3/4" lights that come in a 10 pack for around $10?
What types of switches are you using?
Those are a bunch of great applications you listed for the small circle lights. I may need to follow suit.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Are these the 3/4" lights that come in a 10 pack for around $10?
What types of switches are you using?
Those are a bunch of great applications you listed for the small circle lights. I may need to follow suit.
Yes, exactly. Dirt cheap and pretty bright. I haven't actually installed but have tested in my garage at night. The rocklights are blue to match the truck. 2 are going behind grill to light it up. The 77 is more of a show truck. On the 90 I am adding the led 3rd brake/ cargo light to light up the bed and so I can see the 5th wheel.

Not sure about the switches yet, but whatever I can find high quality. On the 90 I welded up the inside of the ashtray area so I have that as an option.

For underhood, I will probably put the switch in the bay. My buddy did that on his Nova and it works out well.

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
Yes, exactly. Dirt cheap and pretty bright. I haven't actually installed but have tested in my garage at night. The rocklights are blue to match the truck. 2 are going behind grill to light it up. The 77 is more of a show truck. On the 90 I am adding the led 3rd brake/ cargo light to light up the bed and so I can see the 5th wheel.

Not sure about the switches yet, but whatever I can find high quality. On the 90 I welded up the inside of the ashtray area so I have that as an option.

For underhood, I will probably put the switch in the bay. My buddy did that on his Nova and it works out well.
Let me know what you find for high quality switches.

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
Was hoping for some pictures and ideas. Lots of LED lights out there. Mounting them on a Squarebody , that looks like they belong there is the ticket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD