Exhaust opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Just wondering what would look best on my truck. Turned out before the rear wheels, after the rear wheels or straight out back. I would imagine you would get the most amount of drone with the first option. Regardless id like to see some pictures. BTW my Chevy is exactly like the Red one on the top right minus the lift kit and boggers. For now... ;)

SafetyHelmet

Reaction score
First Name
S
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Jimmy
Engine Size
454/TH350 (Built)
I like how the ones on my truck are currently, turned out behind the rear tires. Then if I'm working on it in the driveway, I have a little extra distance between me and the exhaust fumes. Not sure how much insulation and soundproofing your truck has, mine has about zero. Definitely plenty of engine noise on the road, even with stock mufflers.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I have True Duals out the back running thrue glasspacks, and zero insulation. Its sounds pretty good, just dont back into a snow drift.......... I learned the hard way. LOL, had to dig out my exhaust in the school parking lot befor i had to get to class.

At the moment i have just pipe, but i have a set of tips in mine for it. 2" to 3" chrome tips 18" long, it should give a nice echo.

jgasca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
If you wanna stick to a stock look I would say behind the rear tires. Thats how I have mine and I couldn't be happier. I'll throw you some pics later on today.

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Mine were turned out after the rear wheels when i got it. but my old mans taking it to an exhaust shop. i think ill stick with after the rear wheels. I just like the way that looks, besides that will probably have the least amount of drone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man