Exhaust on a lowered truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xman

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
1) I have noticed that the stock exhaust seems very low under the truck. Is this normal or could this be an issue done by the previous owner? The exhaust (where it joins at the 'Y' prior to cat) is the lowest part of the truck now. I think I have seen this before on other squares. 2) It's also 3" tubes. I saw on the Harris Performance website to add 3" exhaust to make it breath better. With what they said I would have thought it would be 2 1/2". What is stock diameter? I have a feeling that I will need a cat soon as it's starting to smell weird.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I don't know how low the stock exhaust would hang down, but here's what the Walker catalog shows for sizes:

Y-pipe into the converter: 3"
Intermediate pipe (converter to muffler): 3.0" on converter end, 2.5" on muffler end
tailpipe: 2.5"

That's for a 131.5" wheelbase truck. Not sure how they connect converter to muffler on short bed truck.

Details here: http://www.walkerexhaust.com/catalog/walker-exhaust-systems/e-catalog-lookup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepn