Engine wiring harness 1981 Silverado 350v8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado81

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
Hey guys been away for a while, and glad to be back! Haven't really had to do any work on my 81 Silverado lately, but now I've got the itch, and the next project I want to tackle is replacing the engine wiring harness as it's a hacked up mess. From what I can tell the original good wiring was cut by the brake booster, and a junk harness was butt spliced in. Just a big mess with at least 2 always hot wires simply capped off with wire nuts. I'm wanting to go new from where it bolts onto the firewall down to the starter, and in between to get rid of all the hacked in splices. I also was checking around the starter, found exposed/hacked wires, and generally deteriorated melted wiring. Possibly had been in an engine fire in another vehicle at some point since the loom has been melted. I'm also thinking there is supposed to be a fusible link down by the starter, and looks like someone just spliced in a piece of wire where it should be when it burned open. Just been on the back burner for a while, and now I'm ready to address it. I'm looking at a harness at Classic Industries that says it will fit the V8 1981 model, but can't seem to find any specs on it like what all it connects up to. All it states is for electric choke, and oil sensor on side of the engine block. Has anyone purchased this harness, or do I need to go in another direction to clean up this mess? I can see this being a possible fire hazard. Just this one harness is bad everything else is original and in good shape as it was before it got stolen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1