Engine removal 87 K5 blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K5Blazerboy87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Silverado
Engine Size
Hi guys so im tired of fuel Injection tbi computer its a on going headache with stuff im going to be taking the 350 tbi engine and putting a normal nice 350 Carberator engine few questions
1. Will it bolt up 700 r4 transmission
2. What do I gotta do to get sending unit in the tank to make gauge work without useing electronic fuel pump in the tank.
3. Do i have to buy whole different wireing harness like for starter alternator
4. What about for gauges oil pressure ect

5. What else would I have to do change.

I'm still debating on it but if i should do that or keep tbi just buy new sensors keep it just get tbi engine Just been having issues with codes and fuel pumps ect.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hi guys so im tired of fuel Injection tbi computer its a on going headache with stuff im going to be taking the 350 tbi engine and putting a normal nice 350 Carberator engine few questions
1. Will it bolt up 700 r4 transmission
2. What do I gotta do to get sending unit in the tank to make gauge work without useing electronic fuel pump in the tank.
3. Do i have to buy whole different wireing harness like for starter alternator
4. What about for gauges oil pressure ect

5. What else would I have to do change.

I'm still debating on it but if i should do that or keep tbi just buy new sensors keep it just get tbi engine Just been having issues with codes and fuel pumps ect.
Yes it will bolt to your 700. Leave the pump in there and put a return regulator on and use the factory feed and return. As far as gauges just swap the senders to the new engine. You could just swap the intake and put a carb and return regulator on. It would be a lot less work.

K5Blazerboy87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Silverado
Engine Size
The Engine has alot of miles so im still if do a carb im put a normal 350 carb engine in it

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Can you reiterate and/or add anything to when you posted last about your TBI issues? Sometimes these can be a real pain in the ass to fix, sometimes it's simple, and sometimes the issue was right there in front of you, and you just overlooked it. When TBI is working right, it does well. I'm just looking at this from a more fiscally and temporally conservative angle here in thinking that it's still better to pursue fixing the TBI, especially if you want to clean slate your engine situation and not recycle pieces from the TBI one.

K5Blazerboy87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer Silverado
Engine Size
Idk I'm having nothing but issues I get drive ablity but i keep getting codes 42 then lean exhaust dosent wanna idle at first I gotta give it gas now song crap id like to get rid of it

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Do as honky Kong stated. It's a pretty easy swap. By pass fuel pressure regulator is about the only extra item you will need to install.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Idk I'm having nothing but issues I get drive ablity but i keep getting codes 42 then lean exhaust dosent wanna idle at first I gotta give it gas now song crap id like to get rid of it

lean code is usually from and vacuum leak or exhaust leak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spartantx117