Engine dies, then cranks back up.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Ignition module? Just drivin down the road and it cuts off. Pull over and it cranks back up....... Sometimes it runs longer than others.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Possible, mine did the same thing like 3 times in a row then just died all together.

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Last night it did it and I pulled off and before it cranked back up it produced one hell of a backfire lol. It was bout 12am and Im in the country so no noise. Shoulda heard the echoes. Woulda thought somebody was shootin a 30.06 or somethin.

All other ignition stuff is brand new and the module is the only thing that hasnt been replaced. Ill get one tomorrow at work and slap er on there

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Replaced the ignition module and problem fixed. Has more power and that crazy "morse code" miss is also gone....

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Replaced the ignition module and problem fixed. Has more power and that crazy "morse code" miss is also gone....

Great, glad ya got it fixed. I think I heard that backfire up here in PA last night on the river, lol....

GOBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Didnt fix it. It died again this mornin. A few times....... Bought a new toggle/ignition switch and so far so good. I re did all the wires pertaining to the ignition/starting/charging and instead of tape I used heat shrink on the connections. I feel better atleast. The truck did catch on fire for almost a minute and got the battery hotter than piss today but other than almost burnin down the garage and my truck it went well lol. Guess Ill start takin the #1 rule in mechanics now serious. DISCONNECT BATTERY BEFORE WORKIN! hahahahahaha

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Didnt fix it. It died again this mornin. A few times....... Bought a new toggle/ignition switch and so far so good. I re did all the wires pertaining to the ignition/starting/charging and instead of tape I used heat shrink on the connections. I feel better atleast. The truck did catch on fire for almost a minute and got the battery hotter than piss today but other than almost burnin down the garage and my truck it went well lol. Guess Ill start takin the #1 rule in mechanics now serious. DISCONNECT BATTERY BEFORE WORKIN! hahahahahaha

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello