Engine bay clean up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Alright, of all places I haven't posted here about the swap finally happening, now I have all of tomorrow and some of Friday to do some final clean up on my engine bay. I have already organized most of the wiring such as my gauges and the lights I added awhile back. Painted all of the engine bay itself all that's left there is the rad support and the underside of the hood, I pulled ac and I'll need to make a separate post for the situation I've put myself into there.

So is there anything that you guys would recommend I do while I've got all this room to work? Keep in mind I have a solid day after school to do this, I'd like to keep painting to a minimum due to the fact the paint I bought takes forever to fully cure I've never seen rattle can **** take this long but hey its the right color lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
You must be registered for see images attach

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I'd clean up everything that you can't normally get to. Like the engine crossmember and the firewall. Fenders and core support you can normally clean up without pulling anything.

Maybe tuck up the wires a little bit to get them a little cleaner or add some split loom to give them a little more protection. I'd definitely check the motor mounts while you're there too.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I'd make sure everything around the evaporator case is sealed perfectly so you get the best cooling out of it. It's not a big deal in squares, I don't think, but in GM B/G Bodies, those seams along the firewall leak water onto the floor when the factory sealer cracks to pieces.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I second looming up the wires. I would do it in black and zip tie them as out of the way as possible. New engine mounts if you werent already planning it with the engine out. I'd also check on my brake lines and make sure they were in good shape since they are easier to access at the moment.

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'd clean up everything that you can't normally get to. Like the engine crossmember and the firewall. Fenders and core support you can normally clean up without pulling anything.

Maybe tuck up the wires a little bit to get them a little cleaner or add some split loom to give them a little more protection. I'd definitely check the motor mounts while you're there too.
Yeah I spent most of this past week sorting out wires and making it nice and tidy, I pulled all of the firewall insulation which really didn't seem like enough to do anything but it gave me a ton of clearance where my distributor sits. Now I'm just figuring out little **** that I couldn't normally do

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad