AC + Cruise Vac lines in engine bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jak22099

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
400 SBC
Working on my '84 K10 and trying to get the factory AC working. PO swapped the engine with a 400 sbc, so 90% of the factory vac lines have been completely gutted. I'm admittedly not very good at following these vac line diagrams but I think I finally understand it and basically just want to double check and make sure I'm correct on this. The hard plastic black line that comes from the firewall into the engine bay next to the airbox isn't connected to anything. I know this needs to run to vacuum for the vents to work. I also have factory cruise control and would like to get those lines hooked up as well. I drew up how I'm going to run the lines, just wanted to make sure this is correct.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20230801_181732.jpg
    20230801_181732.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 72

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Jak22099

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
400 SBC
Thanks but that looks like an electrical diagram I'm just trying to verify if i have my head around how the vac lines run

adamontheroad

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Working on my '84 K10 and trying to get the factory AC working. PO swapped the engine with a 400 sbc, so 90% of the factory vac lines have been completely gutted. I'm admittedly not very good at following these vac line diagrams but I think I finally understand it and basically just want to double check and make sure I'm correct on this. The hard plastic black line that comes from the firewall into the engine bay next to the airbox isn't connected to anything. I know this needs to run to vacuum for the vents to work. I also have factory cruise control and would like to get those lines hooked up as well. I drew up how I'm going to run the lines, just wanted to make sure this is correct.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
Did you figure it out? I’m in the same situation. Sweet drawing skills by the way!

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Here's a couple diagrams I have of the hose layout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod