Electrical Supplies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Just curious where everyone gets their electrical supply stuff from. Relays, terminals, wire, etc..

I tend not to trust ebay when it comes to stuff like this....

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Mouser, allied, Newark, digikey, and then there were a couple of more auto specific, but I have them bookmarked on a computer.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Mouser has a truly stupendous selection of Delphi Weatherpak, Metripack, Pak Con, Packard 56 & 59 terminals and connector shells.
Look in the wiring diagrams for the connector shell part numbers. Most of the shells that are not obsolete can be had from Mouser.
They also have most of the professional level tooling.

Deutsch and Amp AT, Molex GT, and many other connector families terminals, shells, and tooling are well represented in the Mouser catalog.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Gotten relays with the plugs in large quantities from ebay for years now as i need them. Only issue I ever had was that ive installed relays in locations prone to moisture and have had like 3 fail. For the price I cant complain. Ive run fuel pumps, air horns, train horn solenoids, starter kills, power locks. Like I said, only issue was installer error.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
wirecare.com is another one for shielding

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
wirecare.com is another one for shielding

WireCare has some harder to find power distribution hardware. Stud strips, Buss Bars, Maxi-fuses, Crosslink Battery cable, and decent looking battery hookup parts.

WhiteProducts.com has Delphi M3382 compliant fusible link wire. They also have Delphi terminal crimpers and an inexpensive "cost Effective" tooling line that make passable crimps if you use em with care.

TheElectricaDepot.com has a lot of Delphi connectors in project quantities. This is a little mom-n-pop outfit run by a hobbyist that got tired of seeing 1,000 piece only minimum orders on the stuff he stocks. They also carry reasonably priced Delphi crimp and extraction tooling along with the tooling you'll find at WhiteProducts under the Cost Effective moniker.

The Wirebarn.com sells project paks of eight or eleven colors of crosslink polyethylene wire (GXL, TXL, SXL). Less than 250ft spools are hard to find. If you're lucky you can sometimes find 100ft spools. The wirebarn sells in 25ft coils rather than 250ft or 500ft or 1000ft spools.

OTOH if you want some 100ft, 250ft, and 500ft spools of GXL, TXL, and SXL wire... DelCity.com, WaytekWire.com, and AWCWire.com are good suppliers.
AWC Wire has wire with tracer stripes and sometimes has surplus leftover partial spools of wire for sale.

Delphi Electronics was a GM subsidiary that made GM connectors, controllers, and harnesses til it was sold off in the bankruptcy during the Obama Depression.

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have been happy ordering from TheElectricaDepot before, will be looking over the other ones.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
350/Th400, 4.56 with 35" BFG MT
Mouser is quality!

Latest posts