Electric Choke Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well, that one is a super cheapo too,lol, I know I'd never use any of them again, if I had to monitor a filter all the time I'd be cleaning the tank or replacing it, I don't to wonder all the time If I'm gonna end up with a molten pile every time I take my truck on the road, but that's just me, to each their own..

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
There's different ones but this is one that I know is bad, the end came off on my buddy's Chevelle and I had one on a go-kart that leaked around the end..

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks! I currently have the one below. Based on all the feedback I'll probably replace it with a metal one in a couple of months once I'm convinced I dont have any fuel line corrosion issues.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...lA4AHpm11B8nrqout_DYk-yXvTZAS8NiYFBoCYJzw_wcB

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
If you have to run ethanol gas I would at least replace the O-rings with ethanol proof ones.

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If you have to run ethanol gas I would at least replace the O-rings with ethanol proof ones.

Doesn't all fuel have ethanol in it? I personally run the lower octane regular gas but put some fuel additive every so often. My '77 is my daily driver so I dont do anything special for fuel. Should I still replace the O-rings?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Doesn't all fuel have ethanol in it? I personally run the lower octane regular gas but put some fuel additive every so often. My '77 is my daily driver so I dont do anything special for fuel. Should I still replace the O-rings?

Nope. In OK, it's LAW that the gas stations have a label on the pump that says, "Contains UP TO 10% Ethanol" So the stations that 100% gas, usually fly banners or a marquis and stickers on the pump that says 100% Gas, or NO ETHANOL etc. OF course it's usually 20-40 cents higher per gallon too. Same octane rating but has no ethanol. That's what I run in small engines and my square. The ricer is a 2004 so it can handle the ethanol and I run the cheaper E-10 in it and it runs fine, and being a Cali car, it had plenty of alcohol ran in it already.

I don't think you can get 100% in Cali and maybe some other states. They've got those higher emissions standards.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Nope. In OK, it's LAW that the gas stations have a label on the pump that says, "Contains UP TO 10% Ethanol" So the stations that 100% gas, usually fly banners or a marquis and stickers on the pump that says 100% Gas, or NO ETHANOL etc. OF course it's usually 20-40 cents higher per gallon too. Same octane rating but has no ethanol. That's what I run in small engines and my square. The ricer is a 2004 so it can handle the ethanol and I run the cheaper E-10 in it and it runs fine, and being a Cali car, it had plenty of alcohol ran in it already.

I don't think you can get 100% in Cali and maybe some other states. They've got those higher emissions standards.

There is non ethanol available in WI as well. Pumps labeled the same way.

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Good to know! I'm in Oregon and I have never noticed any of those signs but we are also not allowed to pump our own gas. Though I do go to a local station that lets me because they are afraid of pumping it too fast or too full and spilling out. And for some reason they have a hard time getting the nozzle out. I'll look for some ethanol free gas in my area and switch to that. Thanks again!

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here is a pic of my setup. Again, once I'm convinced I dont have any particulates getting into the filter on a regular basis I'll switch to a Holley metal inline filter.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Good to know! I'm in Oregon and I have never noticed any of those signs but we are also not allowed to pump our own gas. Though I do go to a local station that lets me because they are afraid of pumping it too fast or too full and spilling out. And for some reason they have a hard time getting the nozzle out. I'll look for some ethanol free gas in my area and switch to that. Thanks again!

:eek: You've got to be phukn kidding me? What is the purpose of not being able to pump your own gas? WOW

Your state might be like Cali and all the gas has some ethanol or alcohol in it.

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
:eek: You've got to be phukn kidding me? What is the purpose of not being able to pump your own gas? WOW

Your state might be like Cali and all the gas has some ethanol or alcohol in it.

Right? I've pumped plenty of gas in my time but its funny when I ride with someone across the border to Washington that hasn't and they have no idea what to do. I think its for more jobs. I think we pay more gas tax than most places too. Average gas price in Oregon ($2.77) is higher than most other states. I did a quick google search and there are some places and a law went into affect several years ago making classics exempt from having to use ethanol gas.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Right? I've pumped plenty of gas in my time but its funny when I ride with someone across the border to Washington that hasn't and they have no idea what to do. I think its for more jobs. I think we pay more gas tax than most places too. Average gas price in Oregon ($2.77) is higher than most other states. I did a quick google search and there are some places and a law went into affect several years ago making classics exempt from having to use ethanol gas.

Wow, well you guys are out there just above Commifornia, so maybe **** does roll up hill too. Sounds all kinda jacked up. And if they have to make a law that classics are exempt from ethanol, then yes, they're trying to make everyone use it. I just put REAL GAS in my square, $2.21 a gallon, and in my ricer, I did E-10 $1.86.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Nope, lot of states still don't have it yet, they are cheapo O-rings but as long as they stay wet it's not too bad and as long as you drive it daily you should be ok for a while.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Here is a pic of my setup. Again, once I'm convinced I dont have any particulates getting into the filter on a regular basis I'll switch to a Holley metal inline filter.

That has to be about the worse place for that filter to be, couple good bumps and that glass could be in pieces, I would at least wrap it with a rag or something.

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That has to be about the worse place for that filter to be, couple good bumps and that glass could be in pieces, I would at least wrap it with a rag or something.

I have actually moved it and it is no longer touching any metal. Before the glass could not physically touch any metal but I was still worried about it as the metal housing could so I moved it and it is now resting on a hose instead.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have actually moved it and it is no longer touching any metal. Before the glass could not physically touch any metal but I was still worried about it as the metal housing could so I moved it and it is now resting on a hose instead.
Awesome.. :waytogo:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C30vet