ECM compatability between years (dead V1500 diagnosis)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rumblebox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carlton
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm working on a 91 v1500 suburban, and i need to try another ECM. Can i try one from like a 94 k1500?

Theres no power going to the fuel pump, and even with the [new] fuel pump hot-wired, it still only fires if i pour gas down the intake. The SES light would come on sporadically with the key on for a while, but now nothing. There is juice going to the orange wires on the ECM connectors. The fuel pump relay clicks when you turn on the key, and it has power to the orange wire, but no power comes out of any of the wires. It sat for about 5 years and ran when parked(poorly, but i already traced that to a leaky fuel line).

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I'm working on a 91 v1500 suburban, and i need to try another ECM. Can i try one from like a 94 k1500?

Theres no power going to the fuel pump, and even with the [new] fuel pump hot-wired, it still only fires if i pour gas down the intake. The SES light would come on sporadically with the key on for a while, but now nothing. There is juice going to the orange wires on the ECM connectors. The fuel pump relay clicks when you turn on the key, and it has power to the orange wire, but no power comes out of any of the wires. It sat for about 5 years and ran when parked(poorly, but i already traced that to a leaky fuel line).

when you pour gas through the tb and the truck starts does it continue to run? If so probably has a really high idle and you can hear what sounds like a lot of air rushing through a small hole right?

rumblebox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carlton
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
No

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
94 ecm would not work. 88-91 i believe will. You need to verify if injecyors are trying to open with noid light

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckboy_17