Dual steering stabalizer install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skittlesk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
1985 chevy k10 longbed
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350 sbc
So i recently bought a dual Rancho steering stabilizer like the one pictured. My question on how to install these is.....

Do i turn wheels hard to one side, and push/pull shock in our out to there max to get the correct position to mount bracket on the axel, and tierod. Some info is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 153

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I wouldn't think the damper would be pressurized, meaning that when you push it in or extend it, it will stay in that position? If so, move it to the halfway point, straighten the wheels, then install. I never thought about it when I redid my jeep, because I didn't have to add a mounting point, but I seem to recall it operating as I described above.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
x2 ^^ I don't think it would act like a shock and go to fully extended position if just sitting freely. Straighten the wheels and find the halfway point of the stabilizer and where ever the mounting bracket ends up is where you should mount it, make sure when you turn your wheels all the way in either direction the stabilizer that doesn't bottom out or over extend.

Skittlesk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
1985 chevy k10 longbed
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350 sbc
x2 ^^ I don't think it would act like a shock and go to fully extended position if just sitting freely. Straighten the wheels and find the halfway point of the stabilizer and where ever the mounting bracket ends up is where you should mount it, make sure when you turn your wheels all the way in either direction the stabilizer that doesn't bottom out or over extend.

Ok awesome. That was my question. Im gonna try and get these bad boys hooked up this weekend. I thought driveing with worn out stabilizers was bad. Ha. Driveing with none is like being a death trap.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok awesome. That was my question. Im gonna try and get these bad boys hooked up this weekend. I thought driveing with worn out stabilizers was bad. Ha. Driveing with none is like being a death trap.

If you can't drive your truck without a stabilizer then either you have massive tires or you have extremely worn steering components.

Skittlesk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
1985 chevy k10 longbed
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350 sbc
If you can't drive your truck without a stabilizer then either you have massive tires or you have extremely worn steering components.

I have 44s with a dana 60

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barnabyjo