Door Lock Clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cah2873

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The passenger side door would not open but it could be opened from the inside of the truck. I took the door panel off and noticed that the rod hanging down had come out the actuator. I put it back in and after looking at the LMC catalog, there is a small retainer clip that holds the rod in place. How is one suppose to install this? I can barely even fit my hands in there. Anyone else ever dealt with this?

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
The passenger side door would not open but it could be opened from the inside of the truck. I took the door panel off and noticed that the rod hanging down had come out the actuator. I put it back in and after looking at the LMC catalog, there is a small retainer clip that holds the rod in place. How is one suppose to install this? I can barely even fit my hands in there. Anyone else ever dealt with this?

You can do it. If you can't get in there, the other option is to remove the door latch. You can probably get the clip from the help section. It's a metal tang type clip. If the clip was on the latch the rod just snaps into it. I just did mine but had everything apart. There is a little groove that holds at the end of the rod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just went through this yesterday. Like said above, you can remove the door Latch assembly to get it closer up, but all I did once I got the rod back in, was put a glob of ultra grey rtv on it and let it dry. It will be there till the end of time

cah2873

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I got the clip on! Took a while and several different angles, but it is on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus