Door Issues..Hard to shut and one won't fully close. ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghetto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 6 Banger
So my passenger door is the one that doesn't fully close. Well it closes and latches just fine but when you pull on the handle you can still move the door in and out roughly almost a 1/2". Is there some kind of adjustment somehow to eliminate the play and have the door not move when it's shut??

Drivers door is the one that you have to slam almost as hard as you can for it to close all the way. I know the door pins are bad on this side so I assume that's the reason you have to slam it to shut it. The part that sticks out that the latch clamps on to is flat on the top most likely from the door sagging from the pins and grinding down on the latch itself.

Any ideas on the pass side??

Ghetto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 6 Banger
That helped a lot even without doing the pins! The pass side is some kind of adjustment though...just no clue what to adjust. Can the strikers be moved at all to push the doors in closer to the cab?

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
That helped a lot even without doing the pins! The pass side is some kind of adjustment though...just no clue what to adjust. Can the strikers be moved at all to push the doors in closer to the cab?

Yep, there is a decent bit of adjustment in the strikers.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
You may try loosening the strikers to the point where you just can't move them around by hand (I usually loosen them up and then tighten them by hand only with no tools) then shut and reopen the door. that has worked for me in the past to get them right where I wanted them.

Ghetto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 6 Banger
I ended up moving the striker slightly and all is good now!! Still need pins on the drivers side but the door shuts with ease now. Thanks for the link! I work next to a plmber and he gave me a piece of that stuff free of charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31