What would you choose?

• 1973 plate

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 1981 plate

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No plate

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Can you register the old plate to use? In Ga, you can use a classic plate on a classic vehicle. They just tie the vanity plate to a regular/new plate and you have to keep the new plate somewhere in the vehicle at all times in case you get stopped and a cop wants to verify. Did that with my '70 years ago.
You must be registered for see images attach

My buddy sent me this the other day and I ordered it on the spot. Gonna see if I can get it registered to use on my truck. My truck is an '85, but Ga stopped putting the year number right on the plate after '83 other than certain special plates (government, dealer, farm, ambulance, etc). I have yet to find a stamped '85 dealer plate so this should work. As a side note, my dad still has his dad's plate that reads HUCK 1. Was too cool to pass up
I think in Washington state, you can do that. Just have to make sure it is a truck plate.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
When I was living in Arkansas they only issued one plate. I was driving through Utah where they require two plates and a local sheriff issued me a ticket for having only one plate. I told him I was from a state that only issues a single plate, and he said, "You're in Utah now, son."

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
When I was living in Arkansas they only issued one plate. I was driving through Utah where they require two plates and a local sheriff issued me a ticket for having only one plate. I told him I was from a state that only issues a single plate, and he said, "You're in Utah now, son."
That sucks!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
That would've been one I woulda made the trip to the courthouse for

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
That would've been one I woulda made the trip to the courthouse for
Somewhere in the bottom of a drawer in Green River, Utah there is probably a warrant for my arrest. I think there may be one in Oregon too, but that's another story.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
So according to him, even if you're just passing through, you have to register your vehicle in that state, to get the plates required? Sorry, I'm calling BS on that.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So according to him, even if you're just passing through, you have to register your vehicle in that state, to get the plates required? Sorry, I'm calling BS on that.
Absolutely, by that rationale you’d probably have to have a drivers license from that state too.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Well that's why I never stuck around to see if the court would uphold it. F**k them b****es...

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
We vote for 1973!

Easton wants a specialty plate for his… I voted for this one… he has other ideas I think

Attachments

• IMG_4458.png
    IMG_4458.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
Both the 73 or 81 plate would look good. Here in Florida you only need a rear plate, so I kept the original California plate on the front that came with my truck. It’s definitely caused some people to take a double look and created some discussions on the trucks history.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
We vote for 1973!

Easton wants a specialty plate for his… I voted for this one… he has other ideas I think
I like specialty plates. Especially if they aren't impossible to decipher... but clever enough to make me think.

Sometimes the word(s) can be obvious but there is a link to something that means something. Sometimes the spelling needs to be decrypted.

The ones I don't like are impossible to figure out. It's like people that speak in acronyms. TLFSAMOPS...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia