Decent sounding system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi,
Planning on getting some new speakers pretty soon... one of my 6x9's stopped working, and with only 1 now you gotta turn it way up to be loud at all...
Planning on putting a new headunit in, this one being bluetooth for my phone, wiring in an amp, to a few speakers. I want to hook up a couple under the dash, currently have none there, and either a couple behind the seat or depending on room, with some little speakers in the sides, i'd put even just a 10 in there.

Completely new to this whole audio thing, so:
a 10 would be a subwoofer right? What is required to hook one of those up?
One time i believe i heard something about there needing to be a certain amount of room/air behind the speaker

Sothis being a single cab k10, how do i want to do this?
I have no problem building a box, can do fiberglass work no problem, just is there a specific amount of room i want to make inside the box?

Thanks!

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
This would do the trick.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 152

focoloco5667

Reaction score
First Name
keenan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7 350
i get most of my audio stuff from crutchfield.com . they usually have custom boxes if your looking to put a sub in. their customer service is top notch too.

if your gona make your own box for a sub its gona be easiest to make an enclosed box. to make a ported one wouldnt be too hard but to make it right might require a sound engineering degree lol. just buy the equipment first and build the boxes around the speakers leaving enough room for a potential speaker swap.

a 10" in a single cab will give you plenty of bass. i would think about a shallow mount depending on how much space you have. also the more $$ you spend on a head unit and an amp the better sound you will have.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
If i remember correctly the cubic inch requirement for the box is listed in the specs for the speaker as well as wether it should be ported or not. Perhaps even the port size. I believe sealed boxes give tighter sharper bass while ported boxes give you deeper bass. Do a little reading online and start up a chat with someone at Crutchfid. Their online help is really good.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
The sub is only for bass. It's not for frequencies beyond 80 hertz i.e. voices and other high frequencies.
A sealed box will provide the most clear, tight, deep, and responsive bass.
A ported box will provide more "boom" while allowing the sub to reach max output with less power required.
Sealed boxes are generally better for sound quality while ported has a variety of uses daily, spl competitions, and such. For the application your wanting a Sealed box will be best.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk