damn you engine masters!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I guess this question should be clarified... @Honky Kong jr did the guy you recommend the headers to have a bbc as well?

also this question from before:

linkage clearance wasn't an issue with my previous long tubes on my column shifted t400. just to clarify, the clearance issue arises from running the passenger car headers?

if it was a bbc, anyone run passenger car long tubes on a 4wd with a 208?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I guess this question should be clarified... @Honky Kong jr did the guy you recommend the headers to have a bbc as well?

linkage clearance wasn't an issue with my previous long tubes on my column shifted t400. just to clarify, the clearance issue arises from running the passenger car headers?

His was big block too. Mine is Th400 with a 208. But like I said I have a cable operated shifter. @ bucket is or was running car headers in one of his trucks. I wanna say it is big block and out of a Nova.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
His was big block too. Mine is Th400 with a 208. But like I said I have a cable operated shifter. @ bucket is or was running car headers in one of his trucks. I wanna say it is big block and out of a Nova.
Nice collector springs. Seriously. You talked about them before, and that's pretty slick. Is your left side collector lower than the right side? Is it lower than the bottom of the left side frame rail? (My issue right now)

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Nice collector springs. Seriously. You talked about them before, and that's pretty slick. Is your left side collector lower than the right side? Is it lower than the bottom of the left side frame rail? (My issue right now)
Those are VW/Audi 1.8T intake valve springs. Maybe a little. No the headers all stay above the frame that goes for the entire exhaust system. I did notch the cross member on the driver side to eliminate a possible rattle. I also had to notch the top flange of the frame for Cyl. 1 primary because the engine sits lower in the frame the a normal big block install. Solid small block A body mounts were used.

Last edited:

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size

My linkage hits with long tubes, truck headers, and a th400. I do have a 3” dual exhaust tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
My linkage hits with long tubes, truck headers, and a th400. I do have a 3” dual exhaust tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
weird my linkage didn't hit, but as previously stated, half inch clearance to the front driveline was too close for comfort.

I wonder if summit would take them back if they hit a linkage or if I'd own them once I opened the box?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I did see that episode and loved it. the difference around 2500rpm between the long tube and mids was over 20hp/tq. that's something there...
Was that difference in favor of long or mids?

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Was that difference in favor of long or mids?
longs over mids.

they tested Holley cast log manifolds, mid lengths and long tubes. the longs had a significant improvement over mids.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
longs over mids.

they tested Holley cast log manifolds, mid lengths and long tubes. the longs had a significant improvement over mids.
Just curious because my.... SBC has a pair of long tube headers on it. Mine hang lower then the frame but its also a low in the front 2wd. Id like to find long tubes that tuck up higher with 3" from the collector to match my current setup.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Just curious because my.... SBC has a pair of long tube headers on it. Mine hang lower then the frame but its also a low in the front 2wd. Id like to find long tubes that tuck up higher with 3" from the collector to match my current setup.
from what people are saying, you might want to look into passenger car headers.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
from what people are saying, you might want to look into passenger car headers.
Ive been thinking that lol my sbc was a 76 and was put in a 90 4wd, the headers on it wouldnt fit my 78, they were up against the floor. When i bought another 350 these were on it and fit my 78 better so i used them. Idk what they are for sure

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Did you see the episode where they smashed the ever loving hell out of some headers and it made a fart int he winds difference in power?

Saw that one....and was amazed.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Saw that one....and was amazed.
they debunk a lot of theories... and validate some as well. I'm watching roadkill garage as I type. the episode with the square body muscle truck.

jtridgley79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10 suburban, k10 pickup
Engine Size
both 350
I've been eyeballing some hedman 69230's.
There are some install pics on here from Nasty-LSX. I don't know how to link the page.

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using Tapatalk

henrym

Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Truck Year
81/84
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Is your starter solenoid touching the header? It looks super close, any head soak issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benn95