Cruisin the Coast ‘23 - show pics added!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes, I know it's a Ford but I have a soft spot for '78/'79 Fords. This one was clean and I LOVED the front bumper/winch setup.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Not exactly my style but this dually was very well done. I heard the owner fire it up so I walked over to get a pic of the engine bay for y'all.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
@Redfish I took a pic of your truck in Ocean Springs, really nice!
Since you saw The Truck in person you can tell it looks better in pics than In Real Life. From a few feet away it's not too bad.

I like The Truck a lot and it was completely reliable the entire time, including the 3 hour trip there and then 3 hours back home. I hope to make some serious improvements before next year's Cruisin The Coast.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
@Redfish sheeeet! That’s a really nice truck! I’ll agree it’s not “pro show” but it’s a lot nicer than a daily driver type truck. I’d rock that thing daily.

I’m right there with you on the green F150, I took pictures of it in OS too. I got hooked on wheeling via a 78/79 F150 when i was about 8-9 years old, I love that body style. The red 4 door was cool too but I was really surprised it wasn’t a 4spd.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
@Redfish sheeeet! That’s a really nice truck! I’ll agree it’s not “pro show” but it’s a lot nicer than a daily driver type truck. I’d rock that thing daily.

I’m right there with you on the green F150, I took pictures of it in OS too. I got hooked on wheeling via a 78/79 F150 when i was about 8-9 years old, I love that body style. The red 4 door was cool too but I was really surprised it wasn’t a 4spd.
You saw that red 4 door Ford? My brother-in-law loved that one! Did you notice the tires on it? Those old mudgrips probably were not really safe to drive on anymore.

I am happy with The Truck but I want it to be better. Driving it through the tightly packed venues it got a lot of attention. At some point BigUn realized that more folks complimented her side of the truck than mine...It seemed that most folks that complimented it just happened to be on her side of the road.

I tried to tell her that they were impressed that a woman that large could fit in the cab of an ordinary truck and that they were impressed with the strength of the springs on that side. She seemed to believe that...

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Yes lawd, we saw those antique tires! lol I’d be scared to ride on them but at the same time I wasn’t surprised to see them. I’m in some FB groups that are for 70’s, 80’s and 90’s trucks and there’s a market for the old Gumbo’s and Hawg’s. People building for the look of that era don’t bat an eye at 30+ year old tires.

I took a lot of pics of Jeeps and Fords there in OS, such a great area. I felt bad because my wife couldn’t come and, of course, I saw her dream Jeep there.

Attachments

• IMG_6042.jpeg
    IMG_6042.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6043.jpeg
    IMG_6043.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6044.jpeg
    IMG_6044.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 26

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for sharing the pics guys! It's a lot of work to post a bunch of pics. It's really hard work trying to enjoy the surroundings & still keep an eye out for worthy cruisers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly