Chrome valve covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
I do need new valve cover gaskets. Thought while changing adding a little chrome appeal to engine at the same time. The AC bracket is over the left side cover that attaches to the rear of the AC compressor that is bolted to intake. May be able to add longer bolts and spacers under bracket on intake to make up for the 3/8" difference. It is a close fit now.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I do need new valve cover gaskets. Thought while changing adding a little chrome appeal to engine at the same time.

It's all personal preference. If you like chrome, it's your truck, chrome it up. It's just not my preference, and it's hard to keep clean.

Keep chrome and carry on.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I used to have a set on my 84 K5 with clear lexan inserts on top so you could see the blue roller rockers doing their thing, though it looked like **** when the oil got dirty. Was neat for a little while. Now I could care less what's on there. Last fancy valve covers I had were on the 350 in my Chevota, I had a set of polished edelbrock covers and a chrome air cleaner to flaunt the fact that there was in fact a V8 in this little Toyota monster truck. The burb still has the stock painted center bolt covers. I may spray them some metallic color when i get around to it, but for now they're just fine black.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBSS GUY