Center drag link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Classic-Cowboy

Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I need to replace my center drag link. You know the pice the inner tir rod attaches to. haha I bent it on a stump out on the farm not paying attention. I can not find a new one ANYWHERE! I would like to do a new one over a junk yard find do to I replacing everything else new. Does anyone know where I could find one?
:owned:
LMC Trucks and Classic industries doesnt have them.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I"ve been corrected on this before Jerry. You really don't have a Center Drag link on a 4x4. You've got a real long tie rod and a tie rod end, and an adjusting sleeve. At any rate, point is, his being a C20 is going to be an actual center drag link and they're different if I'm understanding what he's referring to.

If you would Kenneth, take a pic of what you're talking about, so we KNOW for 100% positive what you're talking about. I have a feeling it's center bar that both of your inner tie rods connect to, and so do your idler and pitman arm. I'm about 90% positive I have a spare one here at the house that came off of my 84 C20 when I replaced all the tie rod ends with new Moog tie rods, pitman and idler from a parts trucks I bought. It easier just to swap the complete assemblies from the other truck and take my complete assembly off. I'd have to make sure I still have it here and it didn't make it to my dads place or it will be awhile before I get to it. If not, I also have another one on a truck out there anyway. So I've got one, just a matter of how quick I can get to it.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
the 2wd actual center link should be availible anywhere, like summit, rockauto etc.

the 4x4 ones that the tie rods attach to, I'm not real sure.

from what I've seen the 76 and older dana 44 fronts use one long tie rod, one short and a sleeve.

draglink which is all on the DS is way different.

then the 77 and up gm corp 10 bolts have TRE's on both ends and one long tube?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
According to CC's profile he has a 86 C20 which will be a 2wd and neither a Dana 44 or 10 bolt axle up front. IIRC, 2WD Center drag links are the same from 73-87(91) in both half and 3/4 ton trucks.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yea i was just talking about the 4x4 stuff, since you had mentioned one long tre then a short one.

I know for sure some places sell the 2wd center link, and was pretty sure lmc had them.

Classic-Cowboy

Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
HotRod Thats the Exact part I am talking about. I can not get a pic of it cause the truck is sitting at my buddies shop. I am Doing the same thing of replacing Everything with Moog but I can not find a Moog center drag link here in Nebraska. and none of the auto parts store have one not even OEM. Damn small towns. Let me know on any info please. Thanks y'all for the help.:driver:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
HotRod Thats the Exact part I am talking about. I can not get a pic of it cause the truck is sitting at my buddies shop. I am Doing the same thing of replacing Everything with Moog but I can not find a Moog center drag link here in Nebraska. and none of the auto parts store have one not even OEM. Damn small towns. Let me know on any info please. Thanks y'all for the help.:driver:

OK, I'll take a look in the back of the 84 C20 and see if it's still there. It won't be Moog, and it won't be brand new. It's going to be the original OE. It's actually a non wearing part, so unless someone has neglected their truck so bad to drive with bad joints, then can waller out the holes and make them oversize. This one should be as good as a new one except needing a bath and some paint if you want it pretty.

Classic-Cowboy

Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I DIDNT NEGLECT IT! That stumped jumped out in from of me. I PROMISE (Squarebody gods please dont hurt me)

Well enough of that Thanks Hot rod. Now that I know that I will do some looking around here. I mean it is an old Farm town. Somebody has to have one lasying around here somewhere.:Caffeine:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Doh!!