Camber adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geektrucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale Suburban C10
Engine Size
350, Vortec Heads, Hi-rise intake, long tube headers, BIG bump stick
Anyone have any tricks to getting the nuts loose on the upper control arm on the right side without removing the inner fender? I need to add some shims to mine, but can't seem to get at it.. I'll probably have to cut the inner fender (it's already been patched once and needs to be replaced some day...)

The left side was a bear to break free... 1/2" drive breaker bar and 4' pipe "persuader" finally worked, so I'm afraid the right side is going to be the same...

Thanks in advance

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I had to use an impact the first time I did mine, I'm thinking of trimming that area of the inner fender back to the crease, do it right and it should look like it came that way..

Geektrucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale Suburban C10
Engine Size
I had to use an impact the first time I did mine, I'm thinking of trimming that area of the inner fender back to the crease, do it right and it should look like it came that way..
Exactly what I'm thinking...should be able to get it from above easily like the other side. Not sure why they designed it that way...

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Exactly what I'm thinking...should be able to get it from above easily like the other side. Not sure why they designed it that way...

The left side was trimmed back to clear the steering box and column, I don't think any thought was given to the control arms, or I would think they would have made the right side the same???..

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
If it's just the inner fender that's in the way, it only takes 5 minutes to remove unless it's all rusted up and you have a bunch of stuff mounted to it.

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
I like to soak suspension bolts with a good penetrant a number of times over a couple days before I need to take it apart. Also some heat and penetrant can loosen things off nicely, too.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I like to soak suspension bolts with a good penetrant a number of times over a couple days before I need to take it apart. Also some heat and penetrant can loosen things off nicely, too.

2X on the heat.
Of all the tools I have in my shop the oxy torch is the most important when it comes to disassembly.

Geektrucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale Suburban C10
Engine Size
I agree 1000% with penetrating oil and liberal heat as needed.. But my question is getting a wrench / socket on it without removing or cutting inner fender.. Can it be done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef