Cam Identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week I bought a 454 short block, freshly bored .030 over with new flat top pistons, rods, steel crank, cam, lifters, double timing chain, HV oil pump, moroso oil pan, and brass freeze plugs for $500. The guy had it built and has a build sheet on it but hasnt found it yet and cant remember the cam manufacturer or specs. I pulled the cam out today and got these numbers off of it.

These #s are on the rear face,

These #s are on the shaft,
A8
CWC
D9

Does any one know how to find out what cam this is, or could find out for me??

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
degree wheel and a dial indicator are your best bet.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Did you ever figure out what cam this was??? Its likely a stock cam. The CWC portion on the stick itself means the cam blank was made by Campbell Wyatt and Cannon. They make the blanks for just about everybody to grind including OEMs. Most of the big boys like Comp Cams, Lunati etc have CWC remove their stamp off the blank cam so I'm thinking its not an aftermarket grind.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Did you ever figure out what cam this was??? Its likely a stock cam. The CWC portion on the stick itself means the cam blank was made by Campbell Wyatt and Cannon. They make the blanks for just about everybody to grind including OEMs. Most of the big boys like Comp Cams, Lunati etc have CWC remove their stamp off the blank cam so I'm thinking its not an aftermarket grind.
Not yet, its not a stock cam. Im still waiting on the spec sheet from the guy I bought the motor from.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx