C60 front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Is this the right place? I guess I've been reading and looking about squares long enough that I have finally run across that. I want it?
That's the coolest thing ever, yes? A tilt forward front clip? The body line even matches for crying out loud.

I found a website called vanderhaags? Omg. I want.
Anybody have ANY firsthand experience? Do I REALLY have to body lift? If so, WHY?!

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I'm not looking at one but I know where a school bus tilt front is, for a hundred bucks. Fiberglass only, no brackets,hinges,or anything else. Well, a broken turn signal... 100 bucks!
I wouldn't mind having it in my backyard while I figured it out and collected parts ...

Attachments

• for sale Picture 020.jpg
    for sale Picture 020.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
No experience here, with this, at all...

Seems as if the reason for body lifting is the difference in cab, firewall heights. I've seen 6.5-8 inches necessary to make the line meet.

Rather that bring it all up to match, could one not simply lower the seating of the front?
I'm thinking out loud... That looks like 6-8 inches under the grille to me. If I wanna run that on a 2wd Street truck, obviously the flares would be cut off, so why not go a step further and trim it all the way around? I've seen the fender well in there, the hinges and stuff. Why won't it all move up? I have yet to find an application like I have in mind. I guess it needs done.

Attachments

• for sale Picture 021.jpg
    for sale Picture 021.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
One of the fiberglass hood companies makes a nice looking tilt front end. I don't remember which company it is though. It's designed to fit a 10-30 truck.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
That's cool! I'll look around. I've decided I'm very interested in this. There is not much opportunity for weight reduction in a truck and I think this is a great idea. Not to mention it looks cool as can be.

I've been talking to this seller, he's got it sitting there. I told him it could sit over here and I'd make the two hour drive to fetch it in a couple of weeks - if it's still around. LoL.
How hard could it be?
Chop it up to fit a 2wd...relocate the hinges closer to the grille...run the inners higher up....have you ever seen under one of those things? It's got quite a bit of "wheel well" under it.
I get to ditch ALL THAT STEEL off the nose...omg! My hood is trashed anyways?
Ditch the metal wheel wells...
Omg the more I think about it, the more exciting the prospect becomes. Bet it's worth a gang of weight savings.
Mebbe I will end up seeing 13s on ATs after all!?
Lol!
Sure would be cool lookin.
It's not gonna bother me any hangin around... Oughta be able to pick it up the week of the 4th.
LoL..

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I'm going to fetch this today and I've started looking at fenders. Apparently the c60 SCHOOLBUS fenders are a bit different than those 'we" have seen. Seems far more desirable for my intentions, only by pure luck.
There is little, if any, inner wheel well. AND they are easily, if only, fiberglass WITHOUT the massive flares.
I don't know what goes between them ATM but the only pair I have found run $175 EACH. Eff. Lots of shopping to come if I'm gonna stick with my $100 entry fee.

I know my nose piece has the hinges attached and they bolted to the frame horn of a two ton bus. Lmao.

This is gonna be fun. Following posts will be found in my build thread since there is zero "tech" in this msb regarding. That is good.
I'll be making it up for all of us as I go along?
Okay.
Whatever.
Fine!
Lucky for you ******** I'm a team player. Officer Friendly and ****....lol!

This thread is over.

Cue the seriously old Metallica!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJGt67Mwmo

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrettkeith