Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
it does say "no hurry to sell"

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
FYI....That appears to be a c20

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Yep they said it was 8 lug I don't really want another c20 I want a half ton. Actually I think ima just save up for a duramax

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I figure the guy in Chicago just went down to the local dealership and looked at the prices of new trucks. He went home and decided to ask half that much for his truck.

Moral of the story is this. The prices of new trucks are way out of line. At a certain dollar amount it simply becomes transportation to get you from point A to point B. The truck companies reached that point a long time ago.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
I figure the guy in Chicago just went down to the local dealership and looked at the prices of new trucks. He went home and decided to ask half that much for his truck.

Moral of the story is this. The prices of new trucks are way out of line. At a certain dollar amount it simply becomes transportation to get you from point A to point B. The truck companies reached that point a long time ago.

All this emissions crap makes them way more expensive than they need to be. But yeah, they are quite pricey. A new Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with the V6 and 2WD is like $40K. Crazy!

Last edited:

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
People are spending as much on vehicles now as they do on houses. Only a house will last you the rest of your life and these POS vehicles they are building MIGHT last 10, although nobody keeps them for that long. Notice that the standard terms for a new car loan used to be 60 months. Now its 84. You are so far upside down on it the minute you sign the paperwork its crazy. I know an 18 year old kid that just went and bought a $90,000 power choke. He will be in financial fuctum for the next 15 years.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yeah, it boggles my mind when I see kids driving these expensive trucks. I can't see spending that kind of coin on a truck. I personally would never consider spending more than $25k on a truck and it better be a pretty nice, gently used truck at that or I'm not buying LOL

jmbcary44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L 350 SBC
People are spending as much on vehicles now as they do on houses. Only a house will last you the rest of your life and these POS vehicles they are building MIGHT last 10, although nobody keeps them for that long. Notice that the standard terms for a new car loan used to be 60 months. Now its 84. You are so far upside down on it the minute you sign the paperwork its crazy. I know an 18 year old kid that just went and bought a $90,000 power choke. He will be in financial fuctum for the next 15 years.

This could be a legal issue as well predatory credit laws try to prohibit such financing. while most consumers are allowed to make very poor loan and financing decisions...frankly just because most people don't understand what the hell they are doing with financing...I am amazed that someone at that age was financed that amount for such a vehicle seeing how unless he has some major equity or collateral, I doubt there is much credit history. did he have a cosigner? that blows my mind. and at that age I am willing to bet (not all 18 year olds) but I bet it will be poorly taken care of in some degree.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
i bought a 2010 crew cab in 2010 that had 12,000 miles on it. Power everything with cloth seats and i gave $19,000 for it. It was long ago paid for, and i called my banker the other day just because i was curious what the loan value was on it. $18,000! and its now got 65,000 miles on it. Thats why i dont buy brand new cars. Let somebody else take the depreciation hit. Thats also the most i have ever spent on a vehicle.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
:word: Completely agree!!! :)

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This could be a legal issue as well predatory credit laws try to prohibit such financing. while most consumers are allowed to make very poor loan and financing decisions...frankly just because most people don't understand what the hell they are doing with financing...I am amazed that someone at that age was financed that amount for such a vehicle seeing how unless he has some major equity or collateral, I doubt there is much credit history. did he have a cosigner? that blows my mind. and at that age I am willing to bet (not all 18 year olds) but I bet it will be poorly taken care of in some degree.

Im sure his dad signed for it. They are the kind of people that live in a house of cards. Pretending they have more money than they actually do for social status. Just stupid if you ask me. Im not going 90k in the hole so people think i have money. All that means is you now have $90k less than you did. Nobody needs a $90,000 pickup. Its a 1 ton duelly with like 12" of lift on it. you just rendered that truck useless with 12" of lift. Jackass.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Im sure his dad signed for it. They are the kind of people that live in a house of cards. Pretending they have more money than they actually do for social status. Just stupid if you ask me. Im not going 90k in the hole so people think i have money. All that means is you now have $90k less than you did. Nobody needs a $90,000 pickup. Its a 1 ton duelly with like 12" of lift on it. you just rendered that truck useless with 12" of lift. Jackass.

Lifted duallies are just like WTF??? Completely pointless and ugly too. But to each his own. If I could have any car I wanted it it would not be a sports car it would be a new 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab with maybe 4-6" lift anything beyond that is kind of impairing the usefulness of the vehicle.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Lifted duallies are just like WTF??? Completely pointless and ugly too. But to each his own. If I could have any car I wanted it it would not be a sports car it would be a new 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab with maybe 4-6" lift anything beyond that is kind of impairing the usefulness of the vehicle.

See i dont want any part of any of the new diesels. Id rather have a pre emissions cummins or a 3/4 ton gas motor. This emissions crap is only going to keep getting worse. Price will continue to go up and performance will continue to go down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69