Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
100bucks for tach cluster that's not bad is it?

From what I've seen some sell for, no. But then I guess it all matters on how bad you want/need one.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
From what I've seen some sell for, no. But then I guess it all matters on how bad you want/need one.
LOL well you know it's a want I texted him he still has it said 80 bucks if the wife asks though it's definitely a need

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
LOL well you know it's a want I texted him he still has it said 80 bucks if the wife asks though it's definitely a need
I'd consider grabbing it myself, but I guess it's not a big enough priority because I haven't bothered to look up what's different between the '73 to '80 versus the '81 and up clusters.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'd consider grabbing it myself, but I guess it's not a big enough priority because I haven't bothered to look up what's different between the '73 to '80 versus the '81 and up clusters.
Well get it man. I've got to figure out when I can make it over there anyways. I know the font is different. Not sure about the wiring side though. I'm sure it can be made to work with the 81 and up

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Well get it man. I've got to figure out when I can make it over there anyways. I know the font is different. Not sure about the wiring side though. I'm sure it can be made to work with the 81 and up

like I said, just not a priority.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
My trucks an 81 and an earlier tach cluster plugged right in, just had to add power, ground, and signal for the tach. I think the two main things to consider are electric vs mechanical speedo and amp vs volt gauge when swapping clusters.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
My trucks an 81 and an earlier tach cluster plugged right in, just had to add power, ground, and signal for the tach. I think the two main things to consider are electric vs mechanical speedo and amp vs volt gauge when swapping clusters.

The speed would probably be the easiest of the conversion, I'm going to use a np205 after the rebuild. The biggest question I've had, is where do you pick up a tach signal on a diesel? I know it's possible, all the old semi truck had them, I've just never looked into it yet.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
The speed would probably be the easiest of the conversion, I'm going to use a np205 after the rebuild. The biggest question I've had, is where do you pick up a tach signal on a diesel? I know it's possible, all the old semi truck had them, I've just never looked into it yet.
Older VW diesels got their tach signal from the alternator.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Older VW diesels got their tach signal from the alternator.

I was wondering if that's were it was pulled from. not much else under there to get a electrical signal from. Only other option would have been a driven cable, like the old points cars ran.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69