broken antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmbcary44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L 350 SBC
okay so when I bought the burb the antenna was broken off and the threaded part was still in the mount. Well I couldn't get it out and couldn't drill it out without retapping it....so after much persuading I managed to 'F' up and ended up pulling the antenna wire out of the bottom of the mount which proceeded to fall back into the panel and now w have no antenna....:party36:....awesome right

is there any cheap after market alternative if I can fish that wire out to hook up to? I just want the damn radio to play something I barely listen to cds and wont spend 100 plus a year on satellite?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Get one from a junkyard. Cheap ebay ones work, but fit is horible

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
square body's have the antenna in the wind shield. is that what your talking about? or does it already have an aftermarket antenna? highdesertranger

jmbcary44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L 350 SBC
the antenna was located on the front passenger quarter panel next to the hood near the lower right corner of the windshield. I would get another from the junk yard but I am in Raleigh and haven't found any local squarebodies listed in any yards. It may not work anyways as the actual base the cable goes into is what came detached.

the antenna being broken off was the initial issue but now its the entire connection. I may just close the hole off and run the antenna to the roof and get a low profile one off ebay or something.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
yeah that's not factory. that location would not last long off roading, at least in my case. highdesertranger

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
the antenna was located on the front passenger quarter panel next to the hood near the lower right corner of the windshield. I would get another from the junk yard but I am in Raleigh and haven't found any local squarebodies listed in any yards. It may not work anyways as the actual base the cable goes into is what came detached.

the antenna being broken off was the initial issue but now its the entire connection. I may just close the hole off and run the antenna to the roof and get a low profile one off ebay or something.

That sounds like a factory location and the whole base can be easily swapped out. From what i have seen, trucks tend to have it in the windshield and suburbans in the fender. I have universal ebay one in a garage because it fit poorly. Some junkyards list vehicles on ebay and it would be worth sending a message regarding the antenna.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
yeah that's not factory. that location would not last long off roading, at least in my case. highdesertranger

Not all square bodies had the glass antenna. My 74 does not and has it on the fender. Can't say if its year correct but its broken and being removed anyways.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EazyT