Brake system plumbing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe/Sierra
Engine Size
350/305
Ok..i did a quick look through the brake section first just to make sure it has not been asked before. Now i was wondering how the brake systems are plumbed on our trucks...I know newer vehicles are set up that they cross from one corner to the other corner (example right front to left rear and vise versa). And on older vehicles one end of the master cyl is for front and one is for rear. I am mainly asking this because i am considering adding a line lock to my truck later on and want to be sure if i can do so safely.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
On our trucks the master is plumbed one end front and ao e end rear. The larger resivoir will be for the fromt and the smaller resivoir will be the rear.

Darkrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe/Sierra
Engine Size
350/305
On our trucks the master is plumbed one end front and ao e end rear. The larger resivoir will be for the fromt and the smaller resivoir will be the rear.

Excellent! that was the sort of answer i was hoping for.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You will still want to follow the lines and make sure which one is for the front. Someone could have installed the wrong master cylinder at some point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising